• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricinfo's New Live Scoring

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm very impressed with Cricinfo's new live scoring. All the regular stuff is there like the batting and bowling stats and the commentary. However the new stuff is great! I love how it shows what the batsman have done in the last 5 overs and how the bowler is going in their current spell. The best bit IMO is the career stats tagged on, cricinfo should be commended for it - loving it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The career stats are awesome. Definitely a massive improvement from what was an already top live scoring system.

They probably realised that there were other websites (particularly cricbuzz) who started taking some of cricinfo's traffic, and decided to upgrade. Good move.

PY

International Coach
Nothing on CW's efforts. ;)

Though they are improving dramatically. Still struggles I find sometimes when either India or Pakistan are playing, not sure whether that's volume of users or just a quirk from my limited experience.

Mister Wright

PY said:
Nothing on CW's efforts. ;)

Though they are improving dramatically. Still struggles I find sometimes when either India or Pakistan are playing, not sure whether that's volume of users or just a quirk from my limited experience.
Definitely traffic. Especially when India play you cannot get onto cricinfo or baggygreen without a hassle.

R_D

International Debutant
yeah its nice improvement.
When india's playing, crickinfo works as if i'm back on 56k net connection.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Still prefer following the game on Cricbuzz.com mind, if only for the Indian fans on there.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Heh, thats what happens when you have 1 billion people.

Wait till the internet becomes more accessible. This forum will be overrun.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
silentstriker said:
Heh, thats what happens when you have 1 billion people.

Wait till the internet becomes more accessible. This forum will be overrun.
And half of them will love Dhoni. You'll love it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Neil Pickup said:
And half of them will love Dhoni. You'll love it.
:dry:

And the other half will sing the praises of the Indian pace attack and compare them with the WI pace quartet.

I can't wait. :sleep:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Cricinfo's scorecards are also much improved, plus the ability to filter the commentary. Makes the CW reporter's life a lot easier. It may be a big-name, it might be money driven and squash smaller European sites, but it's my home page and after the BBC, the best site on the web.

/runs fearing placard waving CW members.

Langeveldt

Soutie
silentstriker said:
A terrace, as in a porch?

That went right over my head.
Old school CW had some very vocal indian fans, calling Agarkar the next Botham/Kapil Dev/Imran Khan/Gary Sobers.. Thats where the love for AA started, and for some reason it was called the "Terrace Element"

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:
Old school CW had some very vocal indian fans, calling Agarkar the next Botham/Kapil Dev/Imran Khan/Gary Sobers.. Thats where the love for AA started, and for some reason it was called the "Terrace Element"

Ah. Well maybe we can make a porch that big to hold them in....and then light a fire.

Perm

I'm also very impressed with cricinfo's new live scoring system, I've always preferred cricinfo to cricbuzz mainly for the fact that the commentary has been better and that it is more pleasing to the eye, especially now with these upgrades.

Dravid

International Captain
Cricinfo just gets better and better. It provids you with usefull information now when reading live commentary. Happy with their progress and cant wait to see what they come out with next.

sideshowtim

Banned
And the best thing is it's all free. The speed they update with breaking news is also commendable. One of the best webistes on the net.

My only quarrel with it is they have stopped doing Pura Cup games after an...unfortunate commentary incident from one of the stupid commentators.