• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very happy with the performance Colts. A little disapointed our bowlers didn't nail the Green Coffin shut and bowl them out for a score under 100, disapointed they lasted 44 overs, but still a very fine effort. Couldn't be more happier with my own performance.

Congrats to Towns and Das who made sure their were no jitters in the dressing room with two fine innings.

Great win guys. Let's keep that up in the last quarter. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Red
at the CW Oval

Scorecard
Commentary

Chris Dwyer seized upon his opportunity in the first-class side and produced an allround performance crucial to a sensational come-from-behind in for CW Red. He scored 89 and took 3 second innings wickets on his recall to five-day cricket. The Reds needed a strong victory to boost morale, and behind the inspiration of Dwyer and the brilliance of captain Dave Watt, the margin of such was 57 runs.

Thamba Mamesh's impact at the top of the order was evident early in the game, and he topscored with 76 in a disappointing Red first innings of 197. Then, it was the spin of Dave Richards that shone. The left-armer emerged from a run of ordinary form to claim 5-24, and topple the Reds after a good start.

Daniel Smith and Chris Butler then led the Black response, before Mike Wilson's strokeplay took over. All three scored half-centuries to allow CW Black to go 86 runs clear on first innings.

And when Dwyer arrived at the crease in the Red second innings, the Blacks had continued in sufficient dominant form to reduce the lead to 82 runs with only 4 more wickets to take. Those four wickets would prove troublesome, however, and Dwyer ensured that the lead not only crossed 100, but settled at the heights of 221.

It meant that the visiting Blacks would need 222 runs to win the game they had dominated so often. The early impact of Watt accounted for Fitzsimmons and Gray cheaply and there was clearly a lively game on hand. But Smith and Butler recovered beautifully with another fine partnership. At 128-2 it was the game of Cricket Web Black once more. And it was then that Dwyer stepped up again.

The offspinner fooled Butler into a mistimed drive, then poached Smith with an arm-ball later in the same over. The Oval erupted and the Reds sensed opportunity to force the game home to their advantage. This was an opportunity that would not be missed. Though Wilson again threatened, he was no match for Watt. The Red captain took 5 wickets in his second spell and finished with a stunning haul of 7 for 24.

Cricket Web Red 1st innings 197 all out
T Mamesh 76; DP Richard 5-24
Cricket Web Black 1st innings 283 all out
DP Smith 67, MW Wilson 57, CR Butler 54; DM Kennett 4-66, DJ Watt 3-70
Cricket Web Red 2nd innings 307 all out
CR Dwyer 89, H Mørk 58; NS Pickup 5-39, MW Wilson 3-43
Cricket Web Black 2nd innings 164 all out
DP Smith 56, CR Butler 53; DJ Watt 7-24, CR Dwyer 3-21

Cricket Web Red won by 57 runs.
Man of the Match: CR Dwyer

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

Scorecard
Commentary

CW Green will forever rue the decision to put the Blues in under cloudy skies on the opening day of their fixture at the PDV Dome. Though chances were created throughout the day - Fuller dropped 4 times - a score of 286-4 at stumps was not the desire result.

Sean Fuller's elevation to the opening spot produced a century and Dinu DeSilva followed up with one of his own from the middle order. Alex Crampton and Brendon Goff too helped themselves to runs, scoring 82 and 50 respectively, then Tom Halsey and Matt Currie rubbed salt into Green's wounds with a 73 run partnership for the 7th wicket.

The resulting total was 568-8 declared and the decision at the toss looked a true farce. Still, the Greens hoped they could bat well enough to make amends for the decision, and captain Garven certainly had redemption on the mind.

His century was the only big score of the innings, and Camps enforced the follow-on without hesitation after CW Green could muster only 272 runs. Garven set off in good promise again, but fell 1 short of his half-century this time around. It was still a much-improved batting performance by the Greens. Nitin Dravid and Megan Gaukroger notched half-centuries, then Bryce Cunningham emerged with his first ton of the season.

Curbing his natural game, the allrounder took 146 balls to score 104 runs. CW Green got to 344 all out to avoid an innings defeat, but the gallant effort only set a target of 49 for Blue victory. The Blues were not content with easing their stranglehold, and closed the game without the loss of a wicket.

Cricket Web Blue 1st innings 568-8 dec.
MW DeSilva 122, SE Fuller 115, A Crampton 82, BJ Goff 50; AA Cameron 3-109
Cricket Web Green 1st innings 272 all out
AJ Garven 110, DY Dubb-Lynch 44; TC Halsey 3-21, TJ Demeza 3-79
Cricket Web Green 2nd innings (f/o) 344 all out
BC Cunningham 104, N Dravid 52, M Gaukroger 50, AJ Garven 49; TJ Demeza 5-106
Cricket Web Blue 2nd innings 49-0
PE Young 29*, SE Fuller 18*

Cricket Web Blue won by 10 wickets.
Man of the Match: SE Fuller

Last edited by a moderator:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Gah, tough loss there. Can't do much about that pesky Watt though. 7-24 is a fair haul, and that fiery red-head Dwyer had too much for us with the bat.

On a personal note I seem to be finding some form after a horror season so far, still, I should've put that game away with an unbeaten century.

EDIT: I preferred Kearsley's team. Hate you Hak.

Bobisback

International Regular
Samuel_Vimes said:
Well...we'll see when the ODers come round, shall we? ;)
*Puts $10 on a duck

Now i think about it, this is my first FC match in a while, so i hope i can hold my spot here, and score in OD.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dontcloseyoureyes said:
On a personal note I seem to be finding some form after a horror season so far, still, I should've put that game away with an unbeaten century.
While simming games I put myself in the mind of Smith. And in doing so have arrived at a new tactic for your batting - "what the hell, I'll just attack".

Accurate enough?