• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Commentary

The golden streak of the Blues came to an abrupt halt on Black home turf. Nathan Hoy's brilliance demolished the Blue top order and this time there was no miraculous recovery or a hero to celebrate.

Instead the Blues folded for 123 and Hoy finished with the stunning figures of 5-34 in his opening spell.

The response from Black was tame, but effective. Stedman perished early to the swing of Smith - a rare threat from the Blue bowlers - and Smith struggled to time the ball. However, Chaulk batted his way to a mature unbroken half-century to seal the comfortable win.

Cricket Web Blue 123 all out (30.4 overs)
SE Fuller 36, AP Cloete 24; NS Hoy 5-34, Kexing Su 2-35
Cricket Web Black 124-3 (24.1 overs)
AP Chaulk 51*, CR Butler 22; LA Camps 2-29

Cricket Web Black won by 7 wickets.
Man of the Match: NS Hoy

cbuts

International Debutant
dontcloseyoureyes said:
That's four consecutive 50's, although I should've made at least one of those a hundred, I can't complain considering my form for the majority of the season. Me and Buts seem to be putting partnerships together every innings, poor bloke deserved at least one century though.

Good to hit the winners coloumn again boys, lets drive this home and take what should've been our title last year.

EDIT: Wilson, you ****ing freak! What a gun.
a 90 odd and an 80 odd by my counting champ.
a personal century would have been nice, but a 90 and an unbeaten 80 is better than a century and a duck - especilly when ya there to win the match. got stuff blacks. lets rap up the 5d title again! and then win the final this time!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Well played Blacks, especially Wilson, Buts and Smith.

To our boys, more contributions needed from all members of the side.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Poor, Blue. Can't help but wonder whether our lack of enthusiasm in our thread is translating through to game day.

ash chaulk

International Captain
uncle bully,

blue do have more posts than the blacks thread so i think its just that your not that good. tbf.

although no posts for 3 days is lame-o.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Red
at the CW Oval

Scorecard
Commentary

Intelligent and collected bowling from veteran Marc Robbins was telling for Cricket Web Red, as they secured a crucial 19-run win over the Colts at the Oval. Robbins finished with fine figures of 10-0-39-3 and claimed the wicket of Pooja Bharat before wrapping up the tail at the end.

The Colts were all out in the 47th over for 227 runs, some 20 short of their target. Daniel Towns and Shan Jasotharan scored 48 and 45 respectively, but neither could do so at a brisk pace, struggling on a slow pitch.

Earlier Dave Watt won the toss and wisely chose to bat first. Thomas and Hancock each claimed a wicket to make the decision look foolish early on, Ian Markus and Rob Dauth held firm with 66 apiece. Less expected was the contribution of Mamesh, who appeared to be continuing his emergence from a miserable OD season. He scored 50 from 62 balls, and helped push CW Red to 246-7.

Most interesting was the contribution of Kyle Wright. Having been recalled to the CW XI ODI squad, he struggled for the most part with his control, but still finished with 3 wickets.

Cricket Web Red 246-7 (50 overs)
I Markus/RJ Dauth 66, T Mamesh 50; KS Wright 3-70, GM Thomas 2-36
Cricket Web Colts 227 all out (47 overs)
DP Towns 48, S Jasotharan 45; MS Robbins 3-39, DJ Watt 2-47

Cricket Web Red won by 19 runs.
Man of the Match: MJ Robbins

Mr Mxyzptlk

Upcoming Games:

CW Green v CW Blue at the PDV Dome (OD)
CW Black v CW Red at the CW Oval (OD)

The following players are not available for selection:

LA Camps (Blue)
SE Fuller (Blue)
BJ Goff (Blue)
TC Halsey (Blue)
A Crampton (Blue)
MW DeSilva (Blue)
CR Butler (Black)
DJ Watt (Red)
DA Kearsley (Red)
XPA Rose (Green)

Mr Mxyzptlk

The Baconator said:
Oh dear, our batting line up isn't going to be pretty.
Lots depends on Cloete now... but no pressure.

Armstrong and Currie given more chances to shine up the order too.