• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Red
at the CW Oval

Scorecard
Commentary

An extraordinarily laboured innings of 25 by Thamba Mamesh counted hard against the Reds at the end of a peculiar contest at the CW Oval. Mamesh struggled to time the ball and took 71 balls for his innings, with Neil Pickup in particular proving a chore to dispatch. The Reds ultimately fell short of their target by 16 runs, finishing at 207-8.

A solid showing from the Blacks set up the game nicely. Four batsmen reached the 40s after the early loss of James Stedman to the very impressive Clapham. He and Robbins shared 6 wickets to limit CW Black to 222 all out.

Ian Markus was sharp at the top of the Red innings, but the slowness of the pitch meant that it was a great struggle for the most part otherwise. Sean Bennett and Chris Dwyer did their best to inject some adrenaline into the chase at the end, but when the latter was bowled by Nathan Hoy, the result was soon after assured.

Cricket Web Black 222 all out (49.2 overs)
SG Fitzsimmons 49, AP Chaulk/DP Smith/JA Law 41; KR Clapham 3-46, MJ Robbins 3-49
Cricket Web Red 207-8 (50 overs)
I Markus 49, SA Bennett 27*; NS Hoy 3-41, NS Pickup 2-21

Cricket Web Black won by 15 runs.
Man of the Match: NS Pickup

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

Scorecard
Commentary

It was a thrilling clash down at the PDV Dome, with the Blues displaying a never-say-die attitude and triumphing by 6 wickets. Matt Currie scored a run-a-ball 41 and remained at the crease at the end of the game, supporting the brilliant Andrew Cloete, who held the innings together with a patient 91 not out.

The Blues successfully chased 229 for victory, finishing on 231-4. Cribb and Armstrong helped Cloete set the pace at the top of the order, but as Gundry impacted on the innings with 3 quick wickets, it seemed the Greens would take charge and romp through a weak batting lineup.

Alas, Currie shone yet again, proving further how much he has matured as an allround cricketer. He lashed Andy Cameron over square leg for six, perhaps the best shot of the innings and one of the most decisive strokes in the chase.

Earlier the Blues fought back into the game with the ball. Matt Smith took four late wickets and finished with 5-38 to lead the way, whilst fellow youngster Dunn took 4. CW Green collapsed from 176-1 to 228 all out and Dubb-Lynch looked on helpless unbeaten on 6 at the end.

Cricket Web Green 228 all out (49.2 overs)
RJ Malone 66, JR Rodgie 49, AJ Garven 40; MS Smith 5-38, RD Dunn 4-35
Cricket Web Blue 231-4 (48.3 overs)
AP Cloete 91*, MJC Currie 41*, GAJ Armstrong 32; PG Gundry 3-34

Cricket Web Blue won by 6 wickets.
Man of the Match: AP Cloete

luffy

International Captain
Come on Red we can perform better than that!! Apart from Markus and Bennett no other good performances.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disappointed with myself, I finally get a chance in the OD side and I go at 5 and over and then score a very slow 15 runs. Far from my usual batting aggression.

dinu23

International Debutant
wow! that win is special. Armstrong and Currie gave good support to Cloete. Smith and Dunn were just amazing.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, Cloete.

One of our best wins of the season there, to get up despite missing 6 or so players. Andrew's in phenomenal touch, and Smith and Dunn bowled brilliantly again.

PY

International Coach
Get in there Blue, I didn't contribute myself but great performance from the rest of the team to keep nerve and take victory.

Currie, Cloete, Smith and Dunn = gun.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I got out :(

Fairly poor performance there though Greens. The top order got us off to a good start, but no one else could build on it, while the bowlers, Gundry and Garven aside, were either too expensive or too ineffective. Really need to pick up our game