• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 11 Discussion and Results

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
How did it feel to watch that six disappear over the stands at midwicket?

Any chance of a latest table, Liam?
I haven't been keeping the tables. Travis keeps the FC table and Håkon possibly keeps the OD table. Either way, I don't have a copy of either. It's a team effort.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I haven't been keeping the tables. Travis keeps the FC table and Håkon possibly keeps the OD table. Either way, I don't have a copy of either. It's a team effort.
I think Sean had a crack at the one day table before, he might have an updated one?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Indeed. He's stuck through Blue for seeming ages despite not getting much playing time. And now that he's finally getting a proper run in the team, he's handling it beautifully. Really a lesson for many of the young Dev League players.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Top game boys, gun performance from Voltaz... might have been chasing a lot more if not for such a good bowling effort.

And Clutey... cripe.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A tad dissapointing Reds! Close, but not close enough, our batting really needed to stand up :unsure:

Was pleased with my own performance, 3/46 isn't going to do my future chances any harm :cool:

David

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
How did it feel to watch that six disappear over the stands at midwicket?

Any chance of a latest table, Liam?
Quite sure I didn't notice tbh, however it wasn't the greatest feeling to lose the game.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
OD table:

Blue 47.5 pts (P15 W10 T1 L4, +0.28)
Red 37 pts (P15 W8 L7, -0.01)
Black 34.5 pts (P14 W6 T1 L7, +0.10)
Green 33 pts (P14 W6 L8, -0.17)
Colts 28 pts (P14 W5 L9, -0.25)

Blue have thus won the one-day league title. Colts are eliminated.

Scenarios:

Green: If they beat Black, the Red v Green match is effectively a quarter-final. Otherwise, Green will be eliminated unless they beat Red to get a bonus point and Colts make a similar win over Black. With a bonus-point loss to Black, Green are out.
Red: Need to rely on Green beating Black or a tie between Green v Black to have a chance of deciding it themselves in the final round. (In the event of a tie on points, most wins proceed.)
Black: Will qualify with two wins, but are probably out with loss in either.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Fantastic effort to win the OD title with a game to spare after all the trouble we had early in the season. Cloete, Currie, Smith and Halsey have had massive years, and a number of other players have contributed very well.

PY

International Coach
Get in there, excellent stuff Blue. Didn't realise it was all done and dusted already. :D

As Sean says, a few stand out players this season who've really stood up while our internationals have been away. Kudos.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Commentary

The greatest of players seize a moment and dominate, and the greatest of Development League openers - Simon Fitzsimmons - found such a moment at the CWBCC Stadium. Fitzsimmons slammed 164 and 96 not out and was the clear difference between two sides that were otherwise evenly matched.

Fitzsimmons' first innings 164 came out of a total of 294 and was extremely substantial in CW Black securing a first innings lead of 77. CW Green had been inserted the previous day and struggled to 217 all out with Andrew Garven topscoring. Yet Fitzsimmons made batting look incredibly easy on the surface, breezing through to 119 before he offered his first chance.

Barring Mike Wilson and Callum Thompson though, none of the other Blacks looked quite as comfortable, especially against a rampant Matt Mitchell. Mitchell bowled at good pace and with considerable seam movement. He took a clear career-best of 7 for 49 and ensured the Greens would continue to fight in the game.

But the task at hand for Green was then immense, given their batting struggles of recent times. In light of that, Anthony Lezama battled for 265 balls to score 56 - the top score of the innings. All of the top five Green batsmen got starts, but Lezama was the only one to carry on past the 20s. A score of 224 was the result and it set a target of 148 for CW Black to win.

Cameron and Mitchell quickly dismissed Gray - a 13-ball duck to follow up his 11-ball first innings naught - and Smith, but Alex Blackman and Fitzsimmons then took control, fairly rollicking home by 8 wickets.

Cricket Web Green 1st innings 217 all out
AJ Garven 56, M Gaukroger 44; DP Richards 3-31, CP Thompson 3-55
Cricket Web Black 1st innings 294 all out
SG Fitzsimmons 164, MW Wilson 55, CP Thompson 36; MT Mitchell 7-49
Cricket Web Green 2nd innings 224 all out
A Lezama 56, DY Dubb-Lynch 27; MW Wilson 2-31, Kexing Su 2-36
Cricket Web Black 2nd innings 148-2
SG Fitzsimmons 96*, AJ Blackman 43*; AA Cameron 1-29

Cricket Web Black won by 8 wickets.
Man of the Match: SG Fitzsimmons

Last edited: