• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Tour Games

howardj

International Coach
Can't help but think Giles is merely being rested for this game, and that he'll play in Brisbane.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Great start by England. Really don`t know why Fuller thinks Hoggard is going to have a crap tour, he`s been doing alright, was their best bowler against NSW and now is taking wickets.
I just don't think he'll have any sort of consistent success in Australian conditions. He might go well in one or two games, but I'd be surprised if he averaged under 30 over the series.

Anyway, seems like a solid recovery from Lehmann and Borgas. Hoping Panesar stays wicketless.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
The local council down this way were planning to erect a life size bronze statue of Ponting. The South Australians should look into building a 30 foot tall Lehmann, they would be rooted without him.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Lehmann's such a good player it's just ridiculous. Too bad we'll never know what could have been with his test career.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
This will be his 85th ton (I think) in First-Class Cricket, I`m pretty sure he`s averaging close to 60. Ridiculousss.

irfan

State Captain
Nnanden said:
This will be his 85th ton (I think) in First-Class Cricket, I`m pretty sure he`s averaging close to 60. Ridiculousss.
Dont count your chickens before they hatch

aussie tragic

International Captain
Monty got Borgas (caught cook for 73). Monty now has 1-52 off 17 overs.

Gillespie now in to hit a 50 :)

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tait picks up Strauss with an in-swinging yorker. Tait couldn't ask for a better time to take a bag of wickets.

This is what makes Tait so interesting:

Over 0.1: Tait to Strauss, (wide) FOUR, way wide outside off, slips wanted nothing to do with it

Over 0.2: Tait to Strauss, OUT! Yorker-length delivery, swinging into Strauss from outside leg, it takes him on the foot in front of leg and middle, huge appeal and umpire Davis raises the finger!

aussie tragic

International Captain
Good move by Lehman in declaring at 7-247 so that the English can't get any cheap wkts to boost their figures :ph34r:

Can't see or hear the game, but Eng must be happy with the figures of Hoggy, Jimmy, Freddie and Monty (Mahmood figures are crap as expected).

EDIT: Eng 1-5 and "Seven slips, a gully and a square leg in place for Hoggard" :)

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cooked dropped off the bowling of Tait.

Over 2.2: Tait to Cook, no run, dropped! Cook slashes outside off, gets a thick edge and Lehmann puts it down, albeit a highly tough chance low to the ground, at gully. Cook 3*, England 1-10.

Perm

Is Cook capable of scoring good looking runs? The few times I've seen him bat or read about his innings he always gives a few chances at the start of his innings and often doesn't look comfortable. I know Pietersen does the same thing but it's different in a sense because with the way KP plays he looks to dominate and take risks and will give the odd chance. From what I can gather it's not like that with Cook, he just doesn't look comfortable.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
WTF are we sending a nightwatchman in for a tour game? Has it even got FC status? :huh:

Fred seems slightly too hung up on results to the detriment of playing chaps back into form judging by this & Colly bowling his full quota in the PM's XI thrash with Monster only getting 3.

PY

International Coach
Shane Deitz used to play for the cricket club 1 minute from my house here in the UK, I can also tell you that he's a terrible driver and has been banned from driving here for 2 years. :p

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
WTF are we sending a nightwatchman in for a tour game? Has it even got FC status? :huh:

Fred seems slightly too hung up on results to the detriment of playing chaps back into form judging by this & Colly bowling his full quota in the PM's XI thrash with Monster only getting 3.
It's OK so long as Hoggard doesn't hang around tomorrow. I think it was more about not sending Bell in a no-win situation, especially after his blob against NSW.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
BoyBrumby said:

TBH I'd imagine that in these warm-up games captains' hands are tied to a fair extent because the Coach will surely tell them who and want he wants to see. Just my guess though.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
wpdavid said:
It's OK so long as Hoggard doesn't hang around tomorrow. I think it was more about not sending Bell in a no-win situation, especially after his blob against NSW.
Hey if he looks to score the kind leg glances like he did today I'm more than happy for him to bat.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
If Watson is ruled out of the first test i think they should pick Lehman. He is handy to bwol a few overs if the pitch starts turning abit too.