• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand Domestic Season 2006/07

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wouldn't know mate, I reside in the mighty Clutha Valley. A whole 27 km from that excuse for a community.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Perm said:
Wouldn't know mate, I reside in the mighty Clutha Valley. A whole 27 km from that excuse for a community.
My mistake. You're even more of a hick than I thought. :ph34r: ;)

Sw1fty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Next round of matches are underway, Auckland are playing Wellington at QEII Park and Northern are playing Central Districts at Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln

Perm

Auckland 245
RJ Nicol 85, RA Jones 62
IE O'Brien 5/57, MR Gillespie 3/43
Wellington 184/3
JD Ryder 77, MD Bell 65*
L Vincent 1/8

Central Districts 464
MS Sinclair 109, GR Hay 74, GEF Barnett 57, JM How 50
BP martin 4/117
Northern Districts 62/2
HJH Marshall 33*
EW Thompson 1/7
Central Districts 26/0
JM How 15

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
What the hell is going on in the ND-CD match? Can't follow Vettori's line of thinking at all - there's trying to coax a result out of the game, and then there's just stupidity, and this falls clearly in the latter category. There's no way ND are going to get an outright from this position, they would have been far better off going for first innings points.

Perm

I wouldn't go back to him to be honest, Cumming scored a half century against the Sri Lankan's to go along with a couple of decent scores earlier. He should be there in my opinion.

Perm

Brave decision Vettori made last night about declaring.

Central Districts 464
MS Sinclair 109, GR Hay 74, GEF Barnett 57, JM How 50
BP Martin 4/117
Northern Districts 62/2
HJH Marshall 33*
EW Thompson 1/7
Central Districts 26/0
JM How 15
Northern Disctricts 429/8
HJH Marshall 153, DL Vettori 120*, JAF Yovich 52
MJ Mason 3/74, EW Thompson 3/120
Northern Districts Win by 2 Wickets

Auckland 245
RJ Nicol 85, RA Jones 62
IE O'Brien 5/57, MR Gillespie 3/43
Wellington 184/3
MD Bell 91, JD Ryder 77, NR Parlane 55, JEC Franklin 54
TK Canning 3/108
Auckland 102/0
TG McIntosh 50*, RA Jones 47*
Match Drawn

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Sir Redman said:
What the hell is going on in the ND-CD match? Can't follow Vettori's line of thinking at all - there's trying to coax a result out of the game, and then there's just stupidity, and this falls clearly in the latter category. There's no way ND are going to get an outright from this position, they would have been far better off going for first innings points.

I believe there is a CW Award for this prediction :laugh:

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
NZTailender said:
I believe there is a CW Award for this prediction :laugh:
:laugh:

My god, that was an absolute shocker. Happy to be proved wrong though & hope I can work a few jinxes on Sri Lanka on Thursday!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It seemed a little insane at the time, but you have to give Vettori's captaincy there credit. He was confident that they could win it by making that declaration...and thats what happened! Mainly due to his efforts, as well.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
CD : 231/3 after 41.4 overs - a Run Rate of 5.54 against Otago.
Good to see Taylor in the runs and CD still going well with 4 players out on international duty.

Perm

Sw1fty said:
Ross Taylor scores another century for CD, why isn't he in the NZ side?:ranting:
He is in the ODI side, he hasn't proven himself enough to be in the congested middle order of our Test side.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
There's no need for Astle to be playing in this test series. He's not scoring runs, and probably will retire before we play any other tests after this series.

Taylor for Astle for the 2nd test (it will never happen). Select both players for the ODI starting 11.