• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Black Thread

Cloete

International Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
In any case, lets wait for everyone's opinions on the matter. I'd like to nominate Cloete for the last position. He has tonnes of experience and has been around for a long time. Has a lot to add to the side in all areas and should be aloowed to do so.
I'd be honoured. If anyone has any other players who they'd like to see there or anyone's against it then I'll gladly give up any spot I may have. But I'd be glad to take it.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
From an outsiders point of view, I think Cloete would be a good vice-captain, and even captain further down the track.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Good to see Black back on track. Will still be very tough for other teams to take the title off them. :)

oz_fan

International Regular
Welcome to CW Black Nath and Cloete. Great signings, the team's getting back on track.

Agree that Smith should be made captain and Chaulk his vice-captain.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
just to add, although i won't be on everyday or be able to guarantee i'll be on at such and such a time. I will be probably about semi-regularly and will have email access regularly.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
CW Black would like to welcome their newest recruit, Gerard Armstrong from CW Blue.

Smith to confirm soon.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
CW Black announce their newest and probably last current aquisition in Kev Goughy, who has signed to CW Black after a successful debut season and a half with CW Green.

From now on, the internal squad and leadership group problems will be sorted and hope fully we're back, bigger and better for Season XII to defend our titles.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
AP Cloete - batsman/offspin
DP Smith - batsman/medium
GAJ Armstrong - batsman
JA Law - batswoman
JE Stedman - batsman/medium
----
AP Chaulk - wicketkeeper
----
BC Donald - allrounder/fast
CP Thompson - allrounder/fast
ZE Gelman - allrounder/fast
----
NL Patrick - bowler/fast
KJ Goughy - bowler/fast
----
DP Richards - bowler/left offspin
GM Roberts - bowler/legspin
NS Pickup - bowler/legspin
--------------------------------
AJ Blackman - batsman
NA Borcich - bowler/fast

Squad as of now. 16 players means we get 2 rookies as well, it could change if we're allowed to release Blackman temporarily for the season, but if we're not then I'm sure we'll cope.

The VC and leadership group should be set in stone within the next 24 hours.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Looking forward to the season. Hopefully new faces and old heads can continue the recent success of Black on the field.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Top class signings there - Cloete being the standout of course, and I'd quite happily nominate him for vice-captain.

Good stuff from Smith as well, being a pro-active captain.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Squad as of now. 16 players means we get 2 rookies as well, it could change if we're allowed to release Blackman temporarily for the season, but if we're not then I'm sure we'll cope.
Blackman won't count as a squad player next season.

Unless his penalty is reduced, that is.