• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th test mistake

brockley

International Captain
The lack of ability of symmo in tests and the out of form brett lee in tests,yet they are selected and johnson is tipped 2 be 12th man again,do not the selectors ever learn,voges has been robbed.

brockley

International Captain
Mcdonald was robbed,symmo who is he again,oops was looking at the leading allrounders and batsmen for the season couldn't see his name.

howardj

International Coach
^ McDonald?

Why don't you just pop down to 7/11 and just start handing out Baggy Greens.

ripper868

International Coach
Phil Jaques has been robbed....what more lead up form do you need a part from a century against england in a lead up match?

Mcdonald...who the .... is mcdonald? ronald?

brockley

International Captain
Don't be surprised if the selectors do a geoff marsh and pick chris rogers in the 5th test especially if 1 mssrs and or langer misses out,most probably langer.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
ripper868 said:
Phil Jaques has been robbed....what more lead up form do you need a part from a century against england in a lead up match?

Probably an average higher than 35 might help. :)

Legga

Banned
Hello there.
This is my first post,so be gentle with me.:unsure:

Why do they bother with Symonds?
They worked out that Bevan and Bracken couldn't handle test match cricket pretty quick but they keep giving Symonds a go.
He can't bat and he is useless with the ball.
What is the point of picking him if the only thing he adds to the team is with him in the field we are sharper.

It is time to bring in White.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Jaques has been robbed, as has Hodge. What more does Jaques really have to do to get a game? He had a phenomenal 2006 English county season, and hasn't done all that badly in his first tests.

Bob Bamber

U19 12th Man
ripper868 said:

But who would he have replaced. If he went in at six. That would have meant there would have been four openers in the side.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Bob Bamber said:
But who would he have replaced. If he went in at six. That would have meant there would have been four openers in the side.
Mike Hussey is an opener and that never stopped him averaging 80 in the middle order. I wouldn't worry...

Bob Bamber

U19 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
Mike Hussey is an opener and that never stopped him averaging 80 in the middle order. I wouldn't worry...
But Phil Jaques isn't Mike Hussey. Hussey can bat in the middle order , as I think he has done in the past (conformation needed).