• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rumour!!!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
**** NEWSFLASH ****

It was rumoured today that the board of the WCC will discuss at there meeting on Friday the possibility of increasing the team limit to 20, for the 2nd season of their competition...
After vast interest over the past couple of weeks, it has been reported that discussions have taken place in regards to how the divisions will be organised and as to how the CA Cup will be formatted with the increased teams...
It is alos rumoured that the Academy teams will be increased to cope with the extra teams and that the Academy teams will be involved in the CA Cup so that teams get a first hand look at the players available...

Another initiative in which the WCC is considering is the ability for teams to nominate 1 youth Player(between the ages of 16-23) to be placed into the Academy sides to see there development...

These are just some of the stories reported which will be discussed at the 1st WCCC meeting this friday....

What are your opinions on these issues?????

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I would agree to the Academy sides including a youth player with a view to giving them experience for the following season. They should then be kept for the next season and not allowed onto the draft.

Rich2001

International Captain
**** NEWSFLASH ****

It is alos rumoured that the Academy teams will be increased to cope with the extra teams and that the Academy teams will be involved in the CA Cup so that teams get a first hand look at the players available...
I really like this idea having the acadmey teams involed more, yet not happy that theres will be yet another team that can beat me!

Another initiative in which the WCC is considering is the ability for teams to nominate 1 youth Player(between the ages of 16-23) to be placed into the Academy sides to see there development...
Fair point, no problems from me

What are your opinions on these issues?????
I refuse to comment on these until the meetting :P ;) :D

Great ideas Mr Boss man, keep them coming :D

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
blewy and myself had extensive talks last night about this and it all looks good for next season.

Rich2001

International Captain
Yeah all other board members will be filled in at the meeting!!!! :D :D :D
Good, it does sound a good idea, you have my approval, how long did it take you to think thoses up :P ;) :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
No comment on this matter, as yet...
All i will say is that the WCC is looking into advancing the game to its maximum potential.....

there u go Rich....

Rich2001

International Captain
No comment on this matter, as yet...
All i will say is that the WCC is looking into advancing the game to its maximum potential.....

there u go Rich....
Isn't that a comment Mr CEO :P

Rich2001

International Captain
I had a feeling you might do that, all I can say to that is James! GB is trying to increase his posts counts with poinless posts like this one ;) :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I want to plan a big campaign to get people into the game...

I was thinking we could find a list of all forum type cricket sites and post a message asking people interested to fill in the form on the site, what do u reckon????

Rich2001

International Captain
I want to plan a big campaign to get people into the game...

I was thinking we could find a list of all forum type cricket sites and post a message asking people interested to fill in the form on the site, what do u reckon????
Yep and remember about the special sign up page on the site!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
lol that was a fruitful conversation :P

looking forward to the results of the meeting ... do take my " ICC kinda table " into account :P :D