• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yep.

In other news, given that Canning should hopefully pop to exceptional bowling next week, and remarkable batting won't be far off at all, when do you guys reckon I should stop training him? He's getting three nets at the moment, one batting, one bowling, one fielding. I was thinking that I might stop his batting at remarkable and just leave him on one bowl, one field, but any suggestions are welcome. For the record, he looks like this:

Gavin Canning - 20 yo, BT Rating=72,059
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: superb
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: quality
Fielding: mediocre
I would keep training him to be exceptional batting and equsite(sp) bowling personally. I gather you want to train a couple more batsmen to reduce the chances of collaspes but once Terry at a decent level that should help. If you had one net free you could sell Griffith for a 18 or 19 yo Superb bat and give him two batting nets taking away Canning fielding net.

PY

International Coach
I would keep training him to be exceptional batting and equsite(sp) bowling personally.
I'm inclined to agree with this.

Having an exceptional at 20yo would be a waste to stop training now. I'd keep him going until his wages become unmanageable really, until then you may as well carry on.

I'd ditch the fielding net though, it's not like his secondaries are terrible and they'll continue to improve as you train him with one primary on each.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Luke Banks - 21 yo, BT Rating=11,375
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal

nice pop :happy:
going on the market soon

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep.

In other news, given that Canning should hopefully pop to exceptional bowling next week, and remarkable batting won't be far off at all, when do you guys reckon I should stop training him? He's getting three nets at the moment, one batting, one bowling, one fielding. I was thinking that I might stop his batting at remarkable and just leave him on one bowl, one field, but any suggestions are welcome. For the record, he looks like this:

Gavin Canning - 20 yo, BT Rating=72,059
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: superb
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: quality
Fielding: mediocre

Personally I'd have him trained up to sensational batting and masterful bowling, so he'll be getting nets til he's late season when he's 23. So about 54 weeks training, you'll get a bit over 4 con levels each, so if you keep the fielding net all that time you'll get double that. Should just touch elite for consistency and phenomenal for concentration. Which sounds about ideal for those primaries. At that stage his wage will be around 110-120k, but it's worth it in my opinion. He'll be like a one-man team.

I would be inclined to keep the fielding as his secondries will pop every 5-6 weeks with bat + bowl + field which would see him be so far ahead of his competitors it would not be funny!

cricketboy29

International Regular
I got a question for you, Andy. Is Canning in a NT squad? Or is the Australian? NT squad so good that they don't need him?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Canning would be way off. Doubt anything less than masterful would get into the Australian NT squad, maybe sensational/exquisite for an allrounder. Doubt he'd make any of the other NT squads either.

Scaly piscine

I got a question for you, Andy. Is Canning in a NT squad? Or is the Australian? NT squad so good that they don't need him?
Even if/when he's sensational/masterful he might not make the Australian NT squad. Bearing in mind Summers isn't in the Australian NT squad (partially because the manager is a bit of a tosser tho).

andyc

Nah he's not near the NT squad. He would've been at least half a bowling level off U19 I'd say, and his secondaries were relatively low then as well. Haven't bothered looking about the nat team cause I'm pretty confident he wouldn't get anywhere near it. And besides, I wouldn't want him to have another fitness hit every week.

Even if/when he's sensational/masterful he might not make the Australian NT squad. Bearing in mind Summers isn't in the Australian NT squad (partially because the manager is a bit of a tosser tho).
Ha ha Madman is alright just speaking to him on MSN actually, the reason Summers was dropped was because Elsegood is getting specifically farmed for the NT on 7 nets and Madman is returning the favour in HT. He still has drained PFL but he told me they will make sure it is alright for next season's WC :-O .

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Okay, crunch time. At 5pm today, I'm going to list Brooker:

EDIT: STUFF THAT. I've just realised that there's absolutely no point in me flogging Brooker before I sell Verma, i.e. before Verma pops...as I'd just have a missing bowler and no intention of replacing him.

Blond moment.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
What were you planning to list Brooker for? I might be interested once I've sold Baird, just listed him for a somewhat optimistic price. Don't need to get rid of him urgently so I'll just keep lowering it until he sells.

Bobisback

International Regular
Just bought this guy for a touch over 760k

Code:
Marvin Carr - 25 yo, BT Rating=9,243
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: 	competent 	Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: 	abysmal 	Concentration: 	feeble
Bowling: 	strong 		Consistency: 	feeble
Fielding: 	feeble
He replaces a resp-feeb bowler, so a big addition to my bowling attack.

Sold my 17yr old resp-comp bat, who popped to resp 2 training sessions ago, for 428k, which i was very happy with. And i thought, whats the point of having money, i may aswell spend it quickly :p

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
What were you planning to list Brooker for? I might be interested once I've sold Baird, just listed him for a somewhat optimistic price. Don't need to get rid of him urgently so I'll just keep lowering it until he sells.
SIX MILLION QUID!

Bloody hell.

I was thinking of listing Brooker for £5,555,555.

I might list Brooker after all, for a bargain £8,888,888. I suppose I'm in no hurry...yet :ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.