• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Incompetent XI

Xuhaib

International Coach
I have a habbit of coming up with all kinds of XI's this is just another one of them, my test team of the below average current stars will be.

1. I.Farhat
2.B.Dippenar(sp?)
3.J.Marshall
4.H.Marshall
5.R.Morton
6.A.Razzaq
7.Dhoni/Akmal
8.F.Mahroof
9.M.Sami
10.A.Giles
11.VRV.Singh

P.S -Not included any BD stars.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Boeta Dippenaar has that 'rabbit in the headlights' look about him, doesn't he. I've seen that in Ian Bell.

To include the Marshall twins in there is probably overstating their skills. Well, maybe Hamish should be in there, but James.... I still cannot believe that he's played international cricket.

I quite like Runako Morton though. There's an element of danger about him. He's certainly a personality, and cricket certainly needs some of those at the moment. May his grandmother rest in peace 8-)

Akmal is more incompetant keeper out of him and Dhoni. Only Brendan 'Fraser' Taylor comes close in ineptitude.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Can not think of two more vacant cricketers than Boeta or VRV, they look like they would be in the SEN classes at school.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Could do one of these every week, TBH.

Still, it makes a change from:
Quote:
Originally posted by tooextracool
rubbish, anyone with half a brain could see blah blah blah..

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard
Err, I think you'll find that in-the-end his average was considerably helped in the 1991-1997 period when pitches were blah blah blah...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Without a given criteria though, you could name Rawl Lewis, for example, forevermore. Threads like this should really outline the qualification criteria in the first post. Played a test in the last year? In their team's first choice XI? In their team's first choice touring squad? It's all too subjective as it is.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dhoni is really harsh, I'd have him for England, tbh.

I'd put Prior as wicketkeeper, its a pre-emptive strike, but I'm quietly un confident:unsure:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Could do one of these every week, TBH.

Still, it makes a change from:
Quote:
Originally posted by tooextracool
rubbish, anyone with half a brain could see blah blah blah..

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard
Err, I think you'll find that in-the-end his average was considerably helped in the 1991-1997 period when pitches were blah blah blah...
You really could change any topic to be about you...

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhoni is really harsh, I'd have him for England, tbh.

I'd put Prior as wicketkeeper, its a pre-emptive strike, but I'm quietly un confident:unsure:
This is for Tests though, and although Dhoni's stats there are alright, they're terrible compared to what he's done in ODIs. Especially if you take out his 148, that leaves his average at 25.36.

But G.Jones should be higher than him in consideration for this XI regardless.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Without a given criteria though, you could name Rawl Lewis, for example, forevermore. Threads like this should really outline the qualification criteria in the first post. Played a test in the last year? In their team's first choice XI? In their team's first choice touring squad? It's all too subjective as it is.
And also Patterson Thompson of WI

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lol, I think the point is that its someone else that should be making that joke though.
They did!!!!!!!!!! See my sig ("funniest post").

And you commented on it too.

I tried to think of someone to paraphrase it to, but couldn't.