• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Batsmen

What upsets you more

• Getting out to a poor shot

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Getting out to a poor umpiring decision.

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters

open365

International Vice-Captain
Reversing the situation a little, has anyone ever been wrapped on the pads and just known they're out? It happened to me once, and I pretty much walked. There was also another time, when I got hit on the back pad and thought for sure I was gone, but was given 'not out' much to my relief. Can't remember, but was probably out a few balls later anyway.
I once edged it to first slip and was given not out, i was thinking about walking as our captain tries to make us be honest but i really didn't like the other team's wicket keeper so i stayed in.

And got out two overs later:ph34r:

Julian87

State Captain
Definitely a bad decision.

I am a bowler. I bat high in certain comps, quite low in others. So when I am down the order, I am often the only one or main one left who is capable to save or win the game for my team. Often means taking risks etc, so getting myself out is often a non issue. But, if an umpire correctly gives me out it often means the match and it makes me furious. For example I came out with ten to get off the last over in an under 24's game last year. At the start of the match the umpires had told us everything down leg side was a wide. First ball went down leg and we ran, only byes. So 9 off five rather than 8 off six. Once i got back on strike we needed 8 off 4. I tried a slog to mid wicket and a huge inside edge left me out LBW with a number eleven to come where he had no hope. That is probably the most angry I have been.

The most angry I get tough is when there is a lazy bit of fielding off my bowling. A dropped catch I can live with but. Someone not getting down, jogging ater a ball or not backing up gibes me the dirts big time.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Getting out by a poor umpiring decision rankles more, especially if I feel the ump was intimidated or lacked the confidence in his decision.

Getting out to a poor shot can actually be a learning experience, since it provides a challenge on correcting it.

One you have control over....the other you dont
Agree completely. Getting out to a bad umpiring decision is just so annoying especially when your feeling great at the crease.