• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off-Season Thread 2008

brockley

International Captain
Vics trying to but a premiership,missed out on luke pomersbach,really don't know where he bat in front of mcdonald?
Also heard vics are chasing damien wright.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Granted, Matt, he's somewhat injury prone (and arguably a sooky sooky la la) but there are not too many guys in Australia who average 50 in FC cricket with the bat, and who bowl at 135-140km hour.
That should be 'for an hour' :ph34r:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
He had it down by the 'Advanced Hair Studio'. Pretty great effort considering his hairline was Vince van der Bijl like. Looks good!

Really is amazing.

Though my old man always says that bald is the new mullet - people go out to buy bald wigs these days!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Nah, would rather have Watson for both forms over Hopes.

It's Chris Cairns vs Paul Hitchcock really.

Mister Wright

Nah, would rather have Watson for both forms over Hopes.

It's Chris Cairns vs Paul Hitchcock really.
Haha.

Would have them both in my One day team, but if it was a selection battle between the two, then would pick Hopes over Watson. No contest in first class though.

NZTailender

Nah, Hopes is more of a bits and pieces player. He's not bad in OD's, certainly. A very handy player, but Watson, to me, is the more complete cricketer and could be a front line bowler and a middle to top order batsman. Hopes is 5th bowler and lower order batsman.

Watson>>>Hopes.

Josh

International Regular
Nah, Hopes is more of a bits and pieces player. He's not bad in OD's, certainly. A very handy player, but Watson, to me, is the more complete cricketer and could be a front line bowler and a middle to top order batsman. Hopes is 5th bowler and lower order batsman.

Watson>>>Hopes.
Rate Hopes' bowling 3 times better that Watson's, tbh. Just an opinion thing, I suppose. Watson probably a better batsman... strike that; a more consistant batsman.

Mister Wright

Watson>>>Hopes.
Hopes' bowling is so under-rated in one dayers it's not funny. He can easily bowl 1st change our 3rd change without any problems. Probably doesn't have the variety of Watson, but if used properly by his captain, as Ponting has, he can be extremely effective at keeping the runs tight and grabs the odd wicket. He's shown his versatility as a batsman, batting from opener to 7/8. Certainly more than a bits and pieces player. More a versatile player.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hopes is definitely not a bits and pieces player, that's what you'd call a Dilshan IMO. Actually that's probably a little harsh on Dilshan too, but definitely the wrong description of Hopes, who is a genuine allrounder in the shorter form of the game.

NZTailender

Being a NZ fan, I know a bits and pieces player when I see one. Hopes is bits and pieces.