• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 'A' Team in England

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW 'A' v Kent - 4D

Cricket Web 'A' 652/8d & 52/1d

Kent 493 & 177/1

Cricket Web 'A' draw with Kent

Man of the match: MA Carberry

How OUT:
1st
Craig - played around a full and straight one
StUEy - spliced a cut shot to point.
Bugssy - hit a hard and low drive which was well-held.
Age Master - chopped on.
Zaid Ghansar - yorked.
Sam Vimes - missed a sweep shot.
Langeveldt - bowled around legs going for a sweep.
Umpire Money - top-edged cut.

2nd
Craig - missed a slog and the bowler hit.

Coach's Comments:
Great team effort, but the pitch wasn't quite as friendly as we expected. All the batsmen got time in the middle and just about all got some runs under their belt. Craig scored his 10th FC hundred and StUEy got his 6th. They added an FC record 276 for the first wicket, the highest stand for any wicket in CW history.

Big mention of Sam Vimes for his highest FC score. Lots of positives here, albeit against a Kent team lacking Martin Saggers...

Also much respect to Age Master for a brave declaration in seach of a win. Fine stuff from the skipper.

Attachments

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Sad to see that we didn't get quite the breakthroughs we'd like with the ball. Good batting effort though, and a lot of people still pushing hard for batting recognition.

Just hope the next match will be on at more Norwegian-friendly times ;)

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Class show of batting strength, well i hope bowling strength will also be that classy once they get a friendly pitch.... I have a query, Will these score be included into the already present career averages from the cw development team season, or will they be separate???

Mr Mxyzptlk

zghansar said:
Class show of batting strength, well i hope bowling strength will also be that classy once they get a friendly pitch.... I have a query, Will these score be included into the already present career averages from the cw development team season, or will they be separate???
They will be classed separately from the Dev League season 6 averages, but they will count toward career FC avges.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Haha yeh, i know im lined up waiting for the livey :P Liam is probly fed up with my antics that he isnt going to do live sims for a while :P

Mr Mxyzptlk

Breaking News - Timewell is lucky number 17

Rob Timewell has been called up to the Cricket Web 'A' team as the 17th man. He took 23 OD wickets @ 16.87 this season, but is yet to play an FC game. Timewell's presence in the side will no doubt strengthen the lacking bowling department.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW A to play Kent - OD

Craig
Bugssy
StUEy
+Ash Chaulk
Ian Markus
Deeps
C Buts
Master Blaster
Dave
Sanz
A Massive Zebra

12th Man : Imran Khan Jr.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW 'A' v Kent

KENT 102 22.1 overs
CRICKET WEB 'A' 103/0 14.5 overs

Cricket Web 'A' won by 10 wickets

Man of the match: Sanz

Coach's Comments:
Heavy cloud cover and finally some bowling conditions, which the seamers enjoyed to the max. Dave, Sanz and Master Blaster were all the bowlers needed, as Kent was knocked back for a paltry 102. The openers then wasted absolutely no time in reaching the tape, making a mockery of the Kent bowling and batting in the process.

Attachments

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
A strong bowling performance from us, which is surprising as it has been our batting that has been in form lately. Its a good sign to see.

=)