• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm sorry, did you just say that Reds are overweight? Remind me who occupies the top 4 batting spots in your eleven... 8-)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Blue Public Relations Office
Press Release
Re: Nath Patrick transfer appeal

Marcus Sammy (CW Blue PR Manager):
"Cricket Web Blue management would like to announce that Nath Patrick will be traded from the club at the nearest possible venture. As has been publicly noted in recent times, Mr. Patrick has expressed displeasure with the management at Blue. No reasons have been granted for the recent outbursts, but it must be understood that the club leadership committee did approach Mr. Patrick in an attempt to sort out whatever problems do exist. All efforts were made to keep Nath Patrick at Blue. Having failed to persuade a change of mind, no choice is left but for Mr. Patrick to be traded."

Liam Camps:
"Until such time as a trade can be arranged, Nath Patrick will continue to be picked for the CW Blue first XI whenever suitable. Should he not comply with the selection, he shall be replaced in the side as needs be. Admittedly, Patrick's preference to play grade cricket ahead of representing Blue has forced our hand somewhat in looking for an immediate trade, but we will not be compromised into a deal that would not serve the greater good of the club. This season has been a struggle thus far, as young as it is, and we know that the fans are quickly becoming frustrated. Surely this unfortunate incident only adds to the frustration, but the best interests of the club are still in mind. And as such, Patrick will be kept on until a suitable replacement is found. We can consider this is as more of an opportunity than a loss, however. An opportunity for young talent like Dunn and Smith to shine and rise to the fore of Blue cricket. Bear in mind that, contrary to recent media reports, there is no bad blood or grudge from my end against Nath Patrick."

Marcus Sammy:
"Management is presently in talks with Cricket Web Red and Cricket Web Green, attempting to sort a deal that will both benefit the interests of Mr. Patrick and Cricket Web Blue. We assure the supporters and members that the issue is being handled with care. Thank you and good day."

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Good on the club for sticking by its guns... Dont be held to ransom by anyone... If we dont get the right deal then im sure he will enjoy playing Grade cricket for the rest of the season...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Nath wasn't trying to hold you ransom, I don't know why you'd even say that, he just wanted to LEAVE BLUE, not get a 1st team spot.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Nath wasn't trying to hold you ransom, I don't know why you'd even say that, he just wanted to LEAVE BLUE, not get a 1st team spot.
Actually, anyone who refuses to do something to get what they want is holding someone/thing to ransom...

Nath didnt want to discuss issues, and has not stated what the reasons are for leaving...

From my POV its very selfish, and i know alot of the guys are disspointed in his attitude.. especially when the team is going through some tough times...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
But it's as though if he had not refused to play for Blue, he wouldn't have been allowed to go, so the outcome is unchanged by his decision not to partake in any more games for Blue.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
But it's as though if he had not refused to play for Blue, he wouldn't have been allowed to go, so the outcome is unchanged by his decision not to partake in any more games for Blue.
No, he could have said i want to leave, and discussed the issues.. I'm sure if the reasons couldn't be sorted then he would have been allowed to go... BUT to flatly refuse to play for Blue until he gets his way is childish...