• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali

Is Murali a 'chucker'?

• Yes

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters

Gems

Cricket Spectator
Okay, in reply to recent postings about the double jointed Sri Lankan:

Is Murali a chucker or is he not?

Yes or No. Do the POLL!

Gems

Cricket Spectator
yes you are right, here we do go again. But as I said in a previous post, this one will run and run and it will run and run and run and run, infact until the very day Murali packs it all up. Therefore it is a topic that will be talked about.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
I'm really surprised that only 61% of people so far think 'Yes' he is.......I thought it would be more like about 80%.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kenny said:
I'm really surprised that only 61% of people so far think 'Yes' he is.......I thought it would be more like about 80%.
I'm personally shocked it's as high as that seeing as he's been cleared of any wrongdoing by the authorities.

Yes I expected the odd dissenter, but I get the feeling that most people who listen to the experts have decided it's not even worth voting in such a flawed poll.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
the fact hes been cleared by anyone is irrelevant to a lot of people. People like to have their own opinions, they don't need to be told what to think.

When Warney comes back from suspensions, he would've served his time, been cleared again by the authorities, but people will still consider him to be tainted by the drug suspension.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
* wonders how a poll answering one way or other will change the basic fact *
If only everything could be sorted out this way :yawn:

Seriously this poll has no use, it's not going to do anything to anyone's view and it's not going to tell us anything about Murali's action.

I think a better one would be to top a thread with a link to Murali's action broken down and be done with it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That is a very good idea.
Would James, Neil, Corey or Rich agree to do so? (if not there's no point creating a thread).
We could paste all the threads ever on the subject of Murali into it, and forbid discussion in any other thread.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
We could paste all the threads ever on the subject of Murali into it, and forbid discussion in any other thread.
Wouldn't work though, and is to an extent censorship, which isn't a good thing on a public forum IMO.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Richard said:
That is a very good idea.
Would James, Neil, Corey or Rich agree to do so? (if not there's no point creating a thread).
It would take forever, there are myriad threads on suspect actions and suchlike. Besides, you can't censor posting like that.