• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

huh?

FRAZ

International Captain
BlackCap_Fan said:
why does everyone think ajit agarkar is brilliant?

hes average i.m.h.o.
WELL SAID ........ YOU ARE MAKING 1 BILLION INDIANS AS YOUR MEDIA ENEMIES ,Best of luck ...........

nibbs

International Captain
I think he suxs to be honest. The only time I ever liked him was when he took 6/41 to help India beat Australia in the 2nd test late last year...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
For some it is sarcastic, for some it isnt, and for some it started out sarcastic, and now its not. But I think that in most cases, they just like him. Not becuase he is good, simply becuase they like him, similar to supporting a football team. If its your team, you sya they are good, predict them to win, and wish the best for them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm not part of the AAAS or anything, but I do like Agarkar. I don't claim he's a star or a great all rounder, but I just like his attitude to the game. Anyone who can come back to Australia after the tour he had in 1999/2000 ("The Duck" Agit Agarkar) is to be admired IMO. He is a hot/cold type of player. He'll bowl well one game (6 for in Adelaide test which won them the game, 6 for in the first Melbourne ODI) and then he'll bowl poorly. Today he got a nice 50, and kept the game alive that even the Aussie fans enjoyed it just so they could see more cricket.

I think there's just something to like about Ajit, no one believes he's one of the best, but there's just this thing about him. Maybe it's just Indian fans who knows.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
General evolution after he was proclaimed by part of the equally legendary "terraces" as the greatest allrounder who ever lived after his Lord's 109* against England in a lost cause in summer 2002.

This then evolved through sarcastic humour - and added to the fact the guy is either all or nothing has rapidly evolved into icon status :)

ReallyCrazy

Banned
I am an Indian and I dont like agarkar one bit. I dont know why so many ppl on this forum like him. What is so great about him?

I dont know any other player whio has gotten as many chances as agarkar. He gets smashed all the time. He sucks.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I am an Indian and I dont like agarkar one bit. I dont know why so many ppl on this forum like him. What is so great about him?

I dont know any other player whio has gotten as many chances as agarkar. He gets smashed all the time. He sucks.
Not the worst player, quite good, considering he's not the ideal fast bowler to lead a bowling attack, but not worth all this hype.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
I actually think he is not a bad bowler at all!! 6/41 against the Aussies is not a fluke.......and I have some suspicions he has modelled his action on Terry Alderman - certainly a similar kind of bowler, and you can't go far wrong as a swing bowler to model your action on Alderman.

Ask England's batsman circa 1989 - 1991

anzac

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
General evolution after he was proclaimed by part of the equally legendary "terraces" as the greatest allrounder who ever lived after his Lord's 109* against England in a lost cause in summer 2002.

This then evolved through sarcastic humour - and added to the fact the guy is either all or nothing has rapidly evolved into icon status :)

wow..........:wow:

I'm in awe.......:O

references to the legendary Agarkar & "the terraces" in the same passage.............

I feel all nostalgic now - thinking back to where it all began...........:lol: :lol: :lol:

:D ;) :saint:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Prince EWS said:
But I think that in most cases, they just like him. Not becuase he is good, simply becuase they like him, similar to supporting a football team. If its your team, you sya they are good, predict them to win, and wish the best for them.
Got it in one!

Except for the saying he's good!!!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Ajit Agarkar is an enigma - You can't do with him in the team, You can't do without him in the team :). When he is there , you he he was not there, when he is not there, you wish he was there.:lol:

All in all - Worst player to be called an 'allrounder'

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
agarkar does get more swing than any other indian bowlers but then i get more swing than any other indian bowlers:D :D :D :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
Uh-oh, the Grammar Police are back out on patrol.

Please do explain the significance of the apostrophe.
Argh. I knew it looked strange. Still, as a matter of principle...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Armadillo said:
agarkar does get more swing than any other indian bowlers but then i get more swing than any other indian bowlers:D :D :D :D
Considering you bowl some VERY part time leggies, I find that inaccurate.