• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pak pacers used to tamper with the ball: Abdul Qadir

Craig

World Traveller
Well this is a serious allegation made by Abdul Qadir.

BTW whatever happen to Aquib Javed?

Swervy

International Captain
so Sarfraz said they did it, Imran Khan admitted to using a bottle top on the ball,and now Abdul Qadir says the ball gets tampered with.

Surely this throws into doubt the 'greatness' of all the Pakistani fast bowlers.

To be honest this is old news,and yet people still seem reluctant to accept the fact of the matter...a lot of cheating has been going on

Sehwag309

Banned
Swervy said:
so Sarfraz said they did it, Imran Khan admitted to using a bottle top on the ball,and now Abdul Qadir says the ball gets tampered with.

Surely this throws into doubt the 'greatness' of all the Pakistani fast bowlers.

To be honest this is old news,and yet people still seem reluctant to accept the fact of the matter...a lot of cheating has been going on
Ya, its old news, everyone knows abt it. Imran admitted that he was lucky and got away.

Youhanna

Cricket Spectator
Sehwag309 said:
Ya, its old news, everyone knows abt it. Imran admitted that he was lucky and got away.

Imran didn't say that he was lucky to get away, allhe said that he did it once in a county match.

Sarfraz says many things, but he has never said that pak bowler tampered with the ball as claimed by Swervy.

The question is if Qadir says is true then why didn't Qadir spoke about it while he was playing with those bowlers instead of comming up with statement now?

Remember Rashid Lateef announced retirement from test cricket in protest of MF which was being done by the then captain Saleem Malik.

Swervy

International Captain
Youhanna said:
Imran didn't say that he was lucky to get away, allhe said that he did it once in a county match.

Sarfraz says many things, but he has never said that pak bowler tampered with the ball as claimed by Swervy.

The question is if Qadir says is true then why didn't Qadir spoke about it while he was playing with those bowlers instead of comming up with statement now?

Remember Rashid Lateef announced retirement from test cricket in protest of MF which was being done by the then captain Saleem Malik.
this has nothing to do with match fixing.

qadir wasnt really going to 'dobb' his team mates in whilst he was playing with them was he.

i am sure i have read that sarfraz has spoken about how he tampered with the ball...i may be mistaken.

i cannot beleive that anyone can still think that nothing dodgy was going on back then.

Youhanna

Cricket Spectator
Swervy said:
this has nothing to do with match fixing.

qadir wasnt really going to 'dobb' his team mates in whilst he was playing with them was he.

i am sure i have read that sarfraz has spoken about how he tampered with the ball...i may be mistaken.

i cannot beleive that anyone can still think that nothing dodgy was going on back then.

The point i was trying to make(which is pretty simple) is that if something is going wrong (whether MF or Tampering) then a player should protest it at that time instaed of comming up after 15 years!

Sarfraz had actually accused some foreign cricketers of propaganda.Besides he has said a lot of things in past like Dean Jones being a known match fixer, hard to believe that ppl still give so much importance tohim.

Swervy

International Captain
Youhanna said:
The point i was trying to make(which is pretty simple) is that if something is going wrong (whether MF or Tampering) then a player should protest it at that time instaed of comming up after 15 years!

thats right..but its easier said than done when you are playing with these people

Sehwag309

Banned
Youhanna said:

I cant post the TV interview or the article as It was really long ago. 4-5 yrs.

And it wasn't county, he mentioned career. Maybe it was farce, but I remember correctly

Youhanna

Cricket Spectator
Sehwag309 said:
I cant post the TV interview or the article as It was really long ago. 4-5 yrs.

And it wasn't county, he mentioned career. Maybe it was farce, but I remember correctly

No you are dead wrong about it.Imran only once mentioned about the bottle top incident, and he said that it happened in a county match.A lot of publicity was given to that interview, and Imran always maintained that he never did that in his career.

Swervy

International Captain
there is no doubt in my mind that ball tampering to induce reverse swing was rife in the early 90's...there is no doubt in Ian Bothams mind..or Allan Lambs...or Richie Benaud's,or now Abdul Qadir's...how many other people have to speak out about it before people start seeing what really happened

Youhanna

Cricket Spectator
Swervy said:
there is no doubt in my mind that ball tampering to induce reverse swing was rife in the early 90's...there is no doubt in Ian Bothams mind..or Allan Lambs...or Richie Benaud's,or now Abdul Qadir's...how many other people have to speak out about it before people start seeing what really happened

As far as Ian Bothom and Alan Lamb are concerned, the least said the better.They were indeed Imran's best buddy, and one can always expect such accusation from them for very simple reason.

Sehwag309

Banned
Youhanna said:
No you are dead wrong about it.Imran only once mentioned about the bottle top incident, and he said that it happened in a county match.A lot of publicity was given to that interview, and Imran always maintained that he never did that in his career.
Maybe I forgot to read the fine print

Swervy

International Captain
Youhanna said:
As far as Ian Bothom and Alan Lamb are concerned, the least said the better.They were indeed Imran's best buddy, and one can always expect such accusation from them for very simple reason.

and why is that then?????

Youhanna

Cricket Spectator
They drag Imran to the court, they did thei level best to tarnish Imran's reputation (Bothom did the same thing with Akram).

Bothom actually hated Pakistan, his comments about Pakistan was inflamatory .Sorry but i can't take the wordof a racist, i remember Waseem Akram saying that if there is a guy because of which he feels to leave the cricket game then that must be Bthom!

Sehwag309

Banned
Youhanna said:
They drag Imran to the court, they did thei level best to tarnish Imran's reputation (Bothom did the same thing with Akram).

Bothom actually hated Pakistan, his comments about Pakistan was inflamatory .Sorry but i can't take the wordof a racist, i remember Waseem Akram saying that if there is a guy because of which he feels to leave the cricket game then that must be Bthom!
Article is here

Athar Ali

LONDON, July 23: After the defeat that England suffered on the cricket
field at the hands of the Pakistan team in the summer of 1992, knives were
out for the Pakistani players and their former captain Imran Khan. This was
stated by George Carman QC, counsel for Imran Khan, who began presenting
his case in the High Court before Mr Justice French and the 12-member jury
of seven men and five women. The libel against Imran Khan has been brought
by two former England players, Ian Botham and Allan lamb, both of whom
allege that in an interview with India Today magazine the defendant called
them racists, and brought their class into question.

Read the whole article here (Scroll down to Sports

http://www.lib.virginia.edu/area-studies/SouthAsia/SAserials/Dawn/1996/25Jl96.html#imra

Swervy

International Captain
Youhanna said:

so you are accusing Botham and Lamb of being racist!!!!

may I point out that in theory YOU could actually get sued for saying things like that if the relevent parties got hold of such a comment. There are absolutely no grounds on which to base such a comment.....utter crap!!!!!!

Sehwag309

Banned
Swervy said:
so you are accusing Botham and Lamb of being racist!!!!

may I point out that in theory YOU could actually get sued for saying things like that if the relevent parties got hold of such a comment. There are absolutely no grounds on which to base such a comment.....utter crap!!!!!!
Read 1up, before you wrote this. I have poted the link