• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Watching Cricket in North America

Sehwag309

Banned
Just something I compiled, hope this helps. Call DirecTV for further info

So Basically, DirecTV has acquired the EXCLUSIVE rights to broadcast cricket till 2008 and has signed licensing agreements with the following boards i.e, DIRECTV access to all international cricket being played in those countries over the next four years

Australian Cricket Board (ACB)
United Cricket Board of South Africa (UCB)
New Zealand Cricket Board (NZCB)
Zimbabwe Cricket Union (ZCU)

The current India Tour to Bangladesh is being offered on DirecTV, but confusion still rises over the Pakistan Tour of Australia. If we go by the agreement above, it means that it won't be offered on Dish and/or could be the case for VB series only

The Games BOLDED won;t be offered on DISH
Indian Games till 2008

India host Pakistan
India host Bangladesh
India host Sri Lanka

Pakistan host India
India host England
West Indies host India
Bangladesh hosts India

ICC Champions Trophy in India

Asia Cup in Pakistan

South Africa host India

New Zealand host India

World Cup in West Indies

England host India
India host Zimbabwe
Australia host India

India host West Indies
Sri Lanka host India
India host South Africa

--------------------------------PAKISTAN CRICKET SITUATION--------------------------

Pakistan host Sri Lanka
West Indies host Pakistan
Pakistan host England

Sri Lanka host Pakistan
England host Pakistan
Pakistan host Zimbabwe
Pakistan host West Indies

South Africa host Pakistan
Zimbabwe host Pakistan
Pakistan host South Africa

Pakistan host Australia
Pakistan host New Zealand
Australia host Pakistan

Last edited:

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Thanks, 309. so basically, Dish has rights to all of india's games till 2008. I am pretty sure, the three not decided so far will also be broadcasted by Dish.

Sehwag309

Banned
viktor said:
Thanks, 309. so basically, Dish has rights to all of india's games till 2008. I am pretty sure, the three not decided so far will also be broadcasted by Dish.
Ya, I guess so...someone told me Dish has India rights till 2008

Let see how many go for DirecTV, it could backfire for them

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sehwag309 said:
Ya, I guess so...someone told me Dish has India rights till 2008

Let see how many go for DirecTV, it could backfire for them
i hope not! :wacko:

Sehwag309

Banned
U hope not as in?

99.99% Cricket Public in US have Dishnetwork, dunno if they are willing to get a new Satellite just for few games

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Is mentioning channel names outlawed here? I mentioned a prominent local sports channel's name in another thread, and it was replaced by eight stars! Still, quite a few brand names are mentioned here, untouched!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The only groups that are starred out are other websites who have spammed these forums in the past. It's probably just a freak coincidence.

Shahid_afridi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
how can i see pakiszan in australia?i cant suscribe sky cuz i live in germany(you can only order it when you live in the uk)...i got ARY but they wont broadcast the sreies!!!so plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me i really need to see the series!so plz tell me how to watch the series in germany...is there any other channel who will show the sereis via satellite? :-O :-O :-O :@ :@

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
I've had a british friend tell me that Fox Sports World shows cricket. I have Dish and I'm trying to see if they offer that channel because I desperately want to see the Ashes this year. I don't know if I really want to buy the india-pak series because i'm guessing it'll be at least $200 on dish pay-per-view and I'd rather just go see it in the indian theatre here. I'll buy it if it's below $150 - i'm close to being broke since I've already spent at least $700 on cricket these past five months or so..a lot of it going to a new bat and kit..

sabob366

Cricket Spectator
links come out when the match will start, which is in march. you cant have any links before that time. Email me if you have any questions. I have privately hosted matches before. sabob366@yahoo.com