• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Australia (The VB Series)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
VB Series Training Camp

The CWBCC would like to announce the following players as invitees to the pre-VB series training camp. From this provisional 25, 14 or 15 will be selected to compete in the VB series, representing CWLand.

Congratulations to all those that were selected and keep trying all those who weren't.

Openers (2)
C Walsh
E Moon
Batsmen (6)
BJ Goff
A Cloete
MJ Robbins
C Buts
DP Towns
I Markus
Allrounders (5)
NS Hoy
LA Camps
RG Verghese
RJ Malone
Z Ghansar
Wicketkeepers (2)
AP Chaulk
D Jellett
Seamers (7)
CM Broadbent
R Timewell
DJ Watt
KS Wright
XPA Rose
NL Patrick
S Bhatia
Spinners (3)
NS Pickup
AM Zebra
TC Halsey

The camp will be supervised by the new head coach, who will be announced shortly. The contracts for the training camp have been dispatched, so all players are kindly asked to check their email and respond.

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
Honoured to be selected in the ODI squad. Question is, will I be able to challenge Marc for taht 5th or 6th bowling position? ;)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
who the hell is R Verghase??
Yeh Reuben George Verghese.. = RG Verghese..

The squad of 25 looks very promising and most players named are very talented and are prime crop of CW Cricket.. no doubt the competition will be intense to make the final 15 squad.. best of luck to all players..

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
hahahaha im such an idiot...
I did not realise I was eligible for CW selection! For some reason I did not make the connection between my good form and good form giving you a chance in the big-time. Haha... ive spent a good few minutes thinking there was a typo or something! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!! :D :D

Honoured just to be picked in the squad, it will be an awesome experience just to train with the CW regulars.

Just one complaint, it seems you have made an error. NS Pickup was given a Spinners tag instead of the All-rounder category. Hopefully you can fix that up :)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Nnanden said:
Just one complaint, it seems you have made an error. NS Pickup was given a Spinners tag instead of the All-rounder category. Hopefully you can fix that up :)
That's an insult to me. :p :huh: :wacko:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Cloete said:
Honoured to be selected in the ODI squad. Question is, will I be able to challenge Marc for taht 5th or 6th bowling position? ;)
Oooh.The suspense is unbearable....... :happy:

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Very greatful for the chance to mix it with the best CW has to offer. And being classed as an allrounder is a big suprise too.

Liam: My email is on Holidays, but its an Aye for me...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Happy to know I'm in the selectors minds and that my refusal to play against Zimbabwe wasn't held against me.

I hope that Ian Harvey is selected for Australia to boost my chances of selection.