• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IndianOil Cup in Sri Lanka

adharcric

International Coach
India's 15-man squad will be announced on July 18th. Name yours. Let me start:
V Sehwag, G Gambhir, R Dravid*, VVS Laxman, M Kaif, Y Singh, S Raina, JP Yadav, MS Dhoni+, Z Khan, I Pathan, A Nehra, L Balaji, H Singh, A Kumble

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
mine would be the same as yours. I think you have picked the obvious ones. Maybe, with the supersub rule, guys like Dinesh Mongia and Sriram could be considered ahead of this Raina... But that is just maybe.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
adharcric said:
India's 15-man squad will be announced on July 18th. Name yours. Let me start:
V Sehwag, G Gambhir, R Dravid*, VVS Laxman, M Kaif, Y Singh, S Raina, JP Yadav, MS Dhoni+, Z Khan, I Pathan, A Nehra, L Balaji, H Singh, A Kumble
Fully agree, except-
  • Rajesh Pawar/Amit Mishra for Kumble
  • Ramesh Powar for Irfan Pathan
  • Sriram or Jadeja for Raina
  • Maybe Bhandari or Bangar in place of Balaji

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
So far....
  • Off-day for Zaheer. Let's just hope he gets it right in his last over.
  • JP Yadav gets 2/50. No idea what he bowled, but he got out Sehwag and Badani.
  • Nehra had an off-day too, but got 2/49.
  • Venugopal gets 75 (at present) at number seven.
  • Sehwag got 96 off 77, while others got out in single digits.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Let's just hope Dravid XI smash their way home. Can't imagine any of those bowlers in the ODI side.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Just saw JP Yadav LUNGE to the off-side and hit a Pathan wide for four and win the match for Dravid XI. He's more or less 5'10", built square and long-haired. That's all I could see of him. Irfan got Dravid out playing a loose stroke.

Still, the Indian frontline (more or less) attack got smashed all around by Gambhir (especially), Laxman (especially), Yuvraj, Dravid and Niraj Patel. Poses a few problems for the selectors, but they have Zaheer (actually the best seam bowling option at present- maybe the only good one so far), then Nehra getting two (for a little too much) and Yadav getting two top wickets for not too many. A pity the match was interrupted by rain.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Rahul Dravid scored 40 in 39, with just 3 fours. Ditto Gautam Gambhir, who was scoring a run off nearly every ball and smashed one six off Irfan, and countless boundaries off Agarkar, on both sides of the wicket. Good running between the wickets, good gap-picks, partnerships built well, the Dravid XI had batted very well, from the power-packed opening partnership between Gambhir and Laxman to JP Yadav's lunge. Can't say much of their bowling, which I could not watch, though the final overs were a problem.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
S Raina is tipped to et the nod by Telegraph. Good if he gets selected.
The Indian team does not need Suresh Raina- he's one batsman too many.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pathan got absolutely belted. Not good signs at all.

7.2 overs, 1 for 58 and the 1 wicket was Dravid, and was the ball before Dravid XI hit the winning runs. Yadav hit a 4 off his first ball to finish.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
He is unproven, untested. So you cannot make such a huge statement.
If he'll not fit into the side balance, then surely such a statement is perfectly valid?

adharcric

International Coach
Arjun said:
Fully agree, except-
  • Rajesh Pawar/Amit Mishra for Kumble
  • Ramesh Powar for Irfan Pathan
  • Sriram or Jadeja for Raina
  • Maybe Bhandari or Bangar in place of Balaji
I had considered such replacement options, but here are my reasons:

-keep kumble because, with sourav and sachin out, dravid would be the only regular senior cricketer left in the squad and the youngsters may need that presence

-remember that guys selected must be among the 36 probables, so forget about people like mishra and powar (who i thought was very deserving of selection) and jadeja (wtf?)

shaka

International Regular
Ganguly not being captain might help him find more international form. Good luck to Dravid

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
adharcric said:
I had considered such replacement options, but here are my reasons:

-keep kumble because, with sourav and sachin out, dravid would be the only regular senior cricketer left in the squad and the youngsters may need that presence

-remember that guys selected must be among the 36 probables, so forget about people like mishra and powar (who i thought was very deserving of selection) and jadeja (wtf?)
Kumble may be experienced, but these days, he's a liability on a bowling attack. Moreover, the selectors had plans of picking Powar, Vidyut, Bahutule and other spinners, but they were away in England playing league cricket. That was only a camp list, not a full list of probables- you wouldn't call Harvinder Singh or Sree Santh as probables, would you?