• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Content - Feedback

Barney Rubble

International Coach
alternative said:
I know i am giving a feedback pretty late on these articles, but it has been quite impressive.. very well done guyz..
Which articles do you mean? We do write quite a few. :p

But thanks! :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
AndrewM was on the Staff for, what, 2 months?
When I first joined the Staff seemed to be never-changing.
If I'm wrong, please tell me - just seems that there is a good deal of short-term memberships at present.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
AndrewM was on the Staff for, what, 2 months?
When I first joined the Staff seemed to be never-changing.
If I'm wrong, please tell me - just seems that there is a good deal of short-term memberships at present.
I think that some time around October 2003 we started letting the riff-raff in and it went to pot.

;)

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look, im normally a big fan of the writing/writers on CW.

But how the hell did Flintoff get player of the month over Ponting?

James

Cricket Web Owner
It's all Neil's personal opinion, but based on the stats for March, I wouldn't argue with you that it should probably have been Ponting, but Neil probably has his reasons.

In tests:

Ponting 294 runs at 73.50
Flintoff 264 runs at 52.80, 1 wickets at 30.54

In ODIs:

Ponting 233 runs at 77.66
Flintoff 46 runs at 23.00, 1 wicket at 60.00

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was just wondering if anyone had read my review of Thorpe's autobiography, and if so, what you thought of it?

benchmark00

James said:
It's all Neil's personal opinion, but based on the stats for March, I wouldn't argue with you that it should probably have been Ponting, but Neil probably has his reasons.

In tests:

Ponting 294 runs at 73.50
Flintoff 264 runs at 52.80, 1 wickets at 30.54

In ODIs:

Ponting 233 runs at 77.66
Flintoff 46 runs at 23.00, 1 wicket at 60.00
Fair enough if it's Neils personal opinion.

James

Cricket Web Owner
You've made a fair point though, and that we should add something to the article that says this is the personal opinion of the author.

benchmark00

James said:
You've made a fair point though, and that we should add something to the article that says this is the personal opinion of the author.
Yeah i think that's the main thing. Perhaps with those sorts of thing the author should mention the criteria he's used to choose this player. I'm sure Neil's got a good reason but maybe he should mention how he's came to this decision, apart from the article itself.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
benchmark00 said:

To be fair, Flintoff did drag a very understrength side through one of the toughest challenges in World Cricket.

Ponting failed to defend 434!

benchmark00

marc71178 said:
To be fair, Flintoff did drag a very understrength side through one of the toughest challenges in World Cricket.

Ponting failed to defend 434!
Ponting had to drag Mick Lewis. The man deserves respect, surely.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:

I'm still wondering how Flintoff got Man of the Series in the Ashes over Warne. He was great...but Warne...

Flintoff:

Runs: 402 at 40.2
Wickets: 24 at 27.29

Warne:

Runs: 249 at 27.66
Wickets: 40 at 19.92

:laugh: