• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season 2006

Haddin

U19 Debutant
I know this is a little early, but who do you think will be favourites this year, I hope Kent for one.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Your from Australia and care about the county chamionship?oddd....but i'm going to say Lancashire.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
open365 said:
You care about the county chamionship?oddd
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Kent never win it. Notts will be close again as they still have no Internationals, ditto Hants with Warney all summer. Warwicks will suffer from lacking Bell, and Lancs are too inconsistent to run things close.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Kent never win it. Notts will be close again as they still have no Internationals, ditto Hants with Warney all summer. Warwicks will suffer from lacking Bell, and Lancs are too inconsistent to run things close.
Steven Fleming?

I think Notts will do well again this year, but I cant see the championship coming back to trent bridge I have to say. 2006 Is Hampshire's year, If Pietersen stays fit and Warney Decides to stay with the club, they will be set :yes:

open365

International Vice-Captain
Tomm NCCC said:
Steven Fleming?

I think Notts will do well again this year, but I cant see the championship coming back to trent bridge I have to say. 2006 Is Hampshire's year, If Pietersen stays fit and Warney Decides to stay with the club, they will be set :yes:
stays fit and plays for England>????

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tomm NCCC said:
Steven Fleming?

No Internationals that are going to be missing for large parts of the season.

SA v NZ finishes on May 9 and they have nothing else until the CT.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
he he i noticed you changed the title from Championsips Neil, can't you just change it to ***Official English Domestic Season 2006***?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
superkingdave said:
he he i noticed you changed the title from Championsips Neil, can't you just change it to ***Official English Domestic Season 2006***?
I haven't touched it!

Haddin

U19 Debutant
Yes, but I love CRICKET. When the Australian Domestic Comp isn't on, I turn to County Cricket.

brockley

International Captain
Pros for next season.
derbyshire m divineuto j rudolph/y khan
durham m hussey a noffke
essex
glamorgan m elliot m kasprowicz
gloucester h marshall s bond
hampshire s warne
lancashire b hodge
leicester d mongia m asif
middlesex s styris j louw
northants c rogers m nicholsen
nottingham d hussey s fleming
somerset
surrey a kumble a mahmood
sussex rana m ahmed
worcester p jaques n brakkn
warwicks d vettorri h streak
yorkshire d lehman j gillespie

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Why is Streak classified as a international, isn't he a Kopak since he retired from Test Cricket also any news and whether Taibu has got a club.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well has usual Lancashire will always be one of the favourites, hopefully Symo & Hodge will be around for the majority of the season since Australia will be free & i would like to see Murali again down here even if its not for long. Also will be interesting to see how Sutton goes behind the stump, it will be odd not seeing Warren Hegg going out their next season, such a well know face around OT.

brockley

International Captain
No club for taibu so far,most counties have a regular keeper anyway.Also counties or some are trying to phase kolpak and eu players out of their team.
Muralli has a full season internationally and may not be avaliable for lancashire,if he does it will only be a couple of games,gather if symmo is his replacment he will play most the season.
Dunno why streak didn't sign as a kolpak player he could in the future,warwickshire already have pretorious,carter and trott who are s african player on eu/kolpak contracts.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
brockley said:
Dunno why streak didn't sign as a kolpak player he could in the future,warwickshire already have pretorious,carter and trott who are s african player on eu/kolpak contracts.
I read somewhere that Pretorius has retired.

Can't be long till Carter and/or Trott get a passport I think - then they'll be played more.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Somerset's overseas players are crucial for them - they need a solid top order bat (Smith or Punter should take care of that nicely) and a fast bowler capable of taking wickets on flat tracks (no idea. Langeveldt didn't do much of a job). Otherwise we could be in for another poor year. Some young prospects looking good though - tabs will be kept on the likes of Wood, Durston, Suppiah, Gazzard and Woodman.