• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe Suspend Their Own Test Status

PY

International Coach
Until they get themselves sorted out, it can only be a good thing.

So long Zimbabwean cricket and thanks for the Flowers.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This isn't the end, all Zimbabwe have done is stop pushing the ICC to remove them indefinitely - by doing it this way they can go back to playing Test cricket next year. It was no more an end to this farce than it was when Zimbabwe suspended themselves in 2004.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Hey, at least we've got rid of them from tests for now.

Good news, but not the best possible news.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
I can't say anyone is surprised, but its definately a good thing for test cricket, (and Bradman's records).

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Does anyone know what would happen if they pulled out of the World Cup? Would another associate replace them?

Good news as far as world cricket is concerned, bad news for the players and rebels - how can they fight their cause with less of the world's cricket spotlight on them?

Natman20

International Debutant
Does anyone replace Zimbabwe in the test arena while they are gone? I think there should be.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Jungle Jumbo said:
Good news as far as world cricket is concerned, bad news for the players and rebels - how can they fight their cause with less of the world's cricket spotlight on them?
I don't think they would/should to be honest.. You can't save something thats already dead

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Natman20 said:
Does anyone replace Zimbabwe in the test arena while they are gone? I think there should be.
Why, for goodness sake? There isn't another country playing that merits inclusion under any circumstances.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Natman20 said:
Namibia or Holland? But they would be as effective as another Bangladesh, and we don't want another Bangladesh..

Natman20

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
Namibia or Holland? But they would be as effective as another Bangladesh, and we don't want another Bangladesh..
What difference will it make Zimbabwe is a Bangladesh. Yah ive made a new swear word Bangladesh.

Langeveldt

Soutie
At least the development won't be wasted, mind you we don't need another Bangladesh, full stop..

Haven't the ICC been snubbed slightly by Zimbabwe making their own decisions for them?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It certainly is an unusual case of events, where the least likely party to pull the plug actually reacts first.

God knows what the communication is like between the ICC & Zimbabwe, it can't be very good.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tim said:
It certainly is an unusual case of events, where the least likely party to pull the plug actually reacts first.

God knows what the communication is like between the ICC & Zimbabwe, it can't be very good.
I'm sure a lot of ICC's head honchos must find it hard to get into Zimbabwe for talks, I couldn't get in there from South Africa because of my passport..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
And still we will be subjected to a legion of farcical ODIs.
I think the Zimbabwean ODI side would still perform better than the likes of Namibia, Holland, Canada and USA, so its a silly thing to whinge about, really.

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
Tim said:

Something like this...

malcolm speed: ERR hey zimbabwae we were wondering if

chingoka: aaaaaaaaaaaah. haya haya haya mabuutoooooo

malcolm speed: UMM ok we are gonna go somewhere else now

chingoka: hala hala hayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. we suspend ourselves.