• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards 19-26 March

archie mac

International Coach
Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Francis for his opening post click here

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is: Honestbharani http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=17257

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Steds 'Sorry Mr Udal' click here

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Autobahn. Has been all over the place this week

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: RolledOver for this prediction: For a day, Tendulkar is THE WALL !!

India might go for a win or else they might opt for a draw , still India will win the series!

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: No names mentioned this week, we have decided to keep sotto voce http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=757041&postcount=214

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Swervey. He knows his stuff especially about the 70s

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: FaaipDeOiad . Some great posts this week, although the Marshall 'was not that fast' comment almost cost him the award :@ Well done Sean.

9. Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Richard. There must be at least a dozen people just waiting to argue with Richard, but he sticks to his ideas no matter what, and you can always say at least he posts.

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
archie mac said:
7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Swervey. He knows his stuff especially about the 70s

awww shucks..I didnt even now i had mentioned the 70's this week:afro:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Francis' hate campaign against New Zealanders, including his immature dig in that commentary thread, removes any sort of respect I have for his opinion.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Wow. A skull. Huge honour, especially following Sir Jeremy and Volters and becoming the first Pommy winner. Probably undeserved, too...

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Voltman said:
Francis' hate campaign against New Zealanders, including his immature dig in that commentary thread, removes any sort of respect I have for his opinion.
Exactly.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
steds said:
Wow. A skull. Huge honour, especially following Sir Jeremy and Volters and becoming the first Pommy winner. Probably undeserved, too...
Well done.

Still bitter though.

archie mac

International Coach
Jono said:
SJS' thread was made in 2004 :ph34r:
I would blame Marc, but alas that was my choice, I might give it to the Commentators thread but then Voltman may never proof my article :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, I have finally won something. Thank You. Thank You. I would like to thank my parents, my friends, my teachers, my............

*they cut off the audio off my rambling* :(

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
silentstriker said:
I demand a recount. I was robbed.
Ah well - join the club.

I really tried to be 'interesting' this week too - I guess the Parasitic Telepathic Arthropods got to the judges just to spite me. :(