• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Zimbabwe in the West Indies

James

Cricket Web Owner
Seven One Day Internationals

29 April West Indies v Zimbabwe, 1st ODI Guyana
30 April West Indies v Zimbabwe, 2nd ODI Guyana
06 May West Indies v Zimbabwe, 3rd ODI Trinidad
07 May West Indies v Zimbabwe, 4th ODI Trinidad
10 May West Indies v Zimbabwe, 5th ODI St Lucia (D/N)
13 May West Indies v Zimbabwe, 6th ODI Antigua
14 May West Indies v Zimbabwe, 7th ODI Antigua

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it is, going to be one of the most boring series ever.

Morton or Gayle to get a double hundred.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Morton or Gayle to get a double hundred.
:laugh: Morton bats like a snail, would take him three days to get one in a test match. ;)

I’m predicating 6-1 to the West Indies and I have a feeling that Dwayne Smith will hit a ton of 50 balls.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With Taibu and Streak in the side, I'd have predicted 5-2 to the West Indies. As things stand, it'd be a shame if the Windies don't sweep 7-0.

Mr Mxyzptlk

TT Boy said:
:laugh: Morton bats like a snail, would take him three days to get one in a test match. ;)
70 not out off 133 balls vs New Zealand. That said, the New Zealand bowling attack < Zimbabwe's.

Hilarity ensues when we see Morton's Test match SR at just about a run under that of snail extraordinaire, Nathan Astle.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'd quite rightly expect a whitewash by the West Indies. Too bad it falls just before and during exams. Same too for India. Hopefully i'll be able to catch one of those Tests as my exams should be almost finished then.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
70 not out off 133 balls vs New Zealand. That said, the New Zealand bowling attack < Zimbabwe's.

Hilarity ensues when we see Morton's Test match SR at just about a run under that of snail extraordinaire, Nathan Astle.

Did you see the smiliey (in regard to my comment regarding Morton's strike rate in test cricket). Also Morton does bat slow in one day cricket, his strike rate is around 60, I'm sorry but that's slow.

Mr Mxyzptlk

TT Boy said:
Did you see the smiliey (in regard to my comment regarding Morton's strike rate in test cricket). Also Morton does bat slow in one day cricket, his strike rate is around 60, I'm sorry but that's slow.
Or rather, in the 12-innings span of his career, he has played a couple of REALLY slow innings. Runako Morton is perfectly capable of scoring quickly in either form of the game.

Chubb

International Regular
I have a feeling Zimbabwe might just sneak one match, probably if I were to bet on it the last. They'll be thumped most of the time, though. I'm going to be out of the loop for the start of this series so I doubt I'll be able to comment on it until early May, for the last five matches.

I don't think Zimbabwe will change the squad from the Kenya series very much, except that they might drop Dabengwa for Gavin Ewing, and bring in Tinashe Panyangara, if both those players are fit. Douggie Hondo, who is probably the best bowler available to Zim, may still be injured too.

Chubb

International Regular
More experienced, and more destructive when the mood takes him. I do rate Rainsford and Ireland though, I just don't think they're quite as good as Douggie yet.

In my opinion, Zimbabwe's pace bowling resources go something like this:

Hondo > Mahwire > Rainsford > Panyangara > Ireland > Mupariwa > Mwayenga > Mpofu

EDIT Oh jeez, the squad's been named.

Terrance Duffin will lead a 16-man Zimbabwe squad on their one-day tour of West Indies, which starts later this month. Duffin was captain in the recent drawn series against Kenya and the squad for this tour consists of many of the players who took part in those matches.

Zimbabwe are marginally strengthened with the return of Charles Coventry and Vusi Sibanda, the top-order batsmen. Sibanda has 27 ODIs under his belt while Coventry has played nine times and struck one half-century.

Piet Rinke and Keegan Meth, who were a couple of the positives to arise from the series against Kenya, both make the trip. The bowling attack will be led by Edward Rainsford and Anthony Ireland. The tour originally included two Tests, but following Zimbabwe's withdrawal from that form of the game the one-day series was extended from five to seven matches. The first game is in Guyana on April 29.

Squad Terrence Duffin (capt), Chamunorwa Chibhabha, Elton Chigumbura, Charles Coventry, Keith Dabengwa, Ryan Higgins, Anthony Ireland, Ngonidzashe Mahwire, Keegan Meth, Tawanda Mupariwa, Edward Rainsford, Piet Rinke, Vusumuzi Sibanda, Gregory Strydom, Brendan Taylor (wk), Prosper Utseya.

Ewing, Hondo and Panyangara obviously aren't fit, then. Good to see CJ Chibhabha, who is supposed to be a very exciting prospect, given a chance to improve on his duck in debut innings. He bowls a bit too, though so does everyone else. 12 players in that squad, if asked, would call themselves allrounders.

And at least the genius of Vusi Sibanda has returned to bless us all and make us privileged to see his era. I'll never forget where I was when I first saw Vusi play a ludicrous shot and throw away his wicket for a single-figure score, which had been compiled with unique aplomb and elan. I knew then I was watching someone who could only ever be described as a genius of cricket. Words cannot describe him, because no one would believe you.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Chubb said:
Zimbabwe are marginally strengthened with the return of Vusi Sibanda
Heavily debatable, isn't it?

Has to be 7-0. Don't even know if I'll be able to bring myself to watch it on Sky.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Theoretically there are seven one-dayers to make up for the absence of the Tests, to boost gate receipts.

But who the hell is going to turn up?

(Fully expecting Liam to answer "me")

Chubb

International Regular
Paul injured his wrist several years ago now, and couldn't bowl legspin anymore, then he emigrated. Bryan is still in Zimbabwe. He's now a cricket coach at Prince Edward School, but he doesn't play first-class cricket anymore. He was banned for making political comments, and although he did make a brief comeback last season (and there were calls for him to return to the national side) he has now quit pro cricket.

Don Tmatter

Cricket Spectator
Chubb said:
Paul injured his wrist several years ago now, and couldn't bowl legspin anymore, then he emigrated. Bryan is still in Zimbabwe. He's now a cricket coach at Prince Edward School, but he doesn't play first-class cricket anymore. He was banned for making political comments, and although he did make a brief comeback last season (and there were calls for him to return to the national side) he has now quit pro cricket.
Thanks for your quick response. Bryan was a left arm quick wasn't he?