• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

InterForum CricSim League

w3lshrugby

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi all at Cricket Web. I run a successful CricSim league on World A Team and am also part of one on both PlanetCricket and Cricket World Wide. However, I was wondering if you would like to participate in our proposed InterForum CricSim League. If you could it would be great. All you need to submit is your best XI and the matches will be simmed by myself and others and will be hosted at one of the forums. We would like to have this as an annual possibly half yearly event, we would love it if you said yes to sign up. We will create a site for it to work on if we see that it works better than hosting it at one of the named forums.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm definitely up for it in principle - we're the original and the best, and everyone needs to know that.... however, the last time we did something like this (against a Bangla Cricket XI I believe), we got dicked.

So my worry would be how we would ensure fairness - the CWXI is still a baby Test nation, we haven't played it with an idea to win everything straight away all the time, which I fear some other sides may have.

(OT: Where in Devon?)

w3lshrugby

School Boy/Girl Captain
i live near barnstaple.

anyway, back to the principle - I for one would in no way be inclined to cheat as that takes the fun right out of the game and I would not be in any of the teams because I am crap in all the league's i participate in - if i were to be selected then by no means would i be biased. i want fairness and equality throughout - nothing more, nothing less. so, are you willing to participate?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
w3lshrugby said:
i live near barnstaple.

anyway, back to the principle - I for one would in no way be inclined to cheat as that takes the fun right out of the game and I would not be in any of the teams because I am crap in all the league's i participate in - if i were to be selected then by no means would i be biased. i want fairness and equality throughout - nothing more, nothing less. so, are you willing to participate?
It'd be Liam and Hakon's decision.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds an interesting concept, providing it is run fairly... Could definatley have some promise...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some details needed...

1. What sim will be used?
2. What format are your player name? Do you use forum names or real names?
3. What length of series would you like?
4. What date are you looking at?

w3lshrugby

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ok, here are the answers to your questions:

1) We are using Syder Rahman's CrickSim (If you don't use this sim then we cannot really accept you in the league).
2) We use a mixture of real and forum names.
3) It is a league competition in both forms of the game. There will be 5 forum teams taking part so there would be a total of 20 matches for each form of the game, there would also be a final between first and second at the end. We would have 2 rounds of each form per week so the league would last 5 weeks.
4) We would like it to take place at the end of June to the beginning of August.

Thanks,

w3lsh.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
We used to use Syedur Rahman. Then we realised it was crappy for our job.

Now we use ITC and HODI.

w3lshrugby

School Boy/Girl Captain
yeh thanks mate, no problem about the interforum league. you guys just can't participate.
anyway, now i am going to use these forums aswell.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
CWXI is too good for this competition. And so is my league which I run at Sidhe forums.

Only those subjected to that abomination of a simulator are permitted to enter.