• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 16-23 of April

archie mac

International Coach
Sorry about the awards being a little late this week. We would like to dedicate the awards this week to Fardin Qayyum.

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: FaaipDeOiad for this click here Well thought out and researched, not sure if he is correct, but a worthy winner.

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is: James for this click here They may well be discussing this very topic at ICC headquarters this week, but we doubt it! :@

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is:luckyeddie click here Out of hospital and back in form. (short and sweet)

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: TT Boy, the second time TT Boy has taken out this award. In truth he could almost win it every week, visits most threads (except this one?)

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Ming click here And he is not even in NZ? :huh:

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: cricket player for this click here He always made us laugh with his unique spin on cricketing and life matters. So we thought we might just dip into a past era and show him at his best. We were going to rename this award in his honour but were not sure if that would be appropriate.

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Richard, has been debating a lot of things from the past this last week, and done it with not a little knowledge.

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: FaaipDeOiad. The first person to win this award twice, also has a great ‘real name’, and birthday. :laugh:

9. Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Silentstriker, Well you can’t say he does not try.:-O

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management:)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I must say, I'm disppointed to miss out on the Greig award after this stellar effort:

andyc said:
On an unrelated note, it'll be interesting to see how much Gillespie gets here. I'm gonna say he'll make about 38, off say 150 balls, but he won't make his fifty.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Another week of being an also ran.

I publicly denounce these awards!!!

Until I win another Skull... :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I propose that the poster of the week award be shared with Fardin. The Bradman/Fardin Award. Surely it's the least that CW can do.

archie mac

International Coach
Voltman said:
Another week of being an also ran.

I publicly denounce these awards!!!

Until I win another Skull... :D

I don't think it will be long in coming, as long as you don't feature your little friend:
:naughty:

archie mac

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I propose that the poster of the week award be shared with Fardin. The Bradman/Fardin Award. Surely it's the least that CW can do.
Sounds like a good idea, what do other people think?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
All awards must be picked up in person from the house of James :ph34r:
Does he provide free accomodation and fair re-imbursement ?

Congratulations to all the winners, well deserved :)