• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in England

James

Cricket Web Owner
July 2006
Sat 1 - Mon 3 Leicestershire v Pakistanis
Thu 6 - Sun 9 England A v Pakistanis
Thu 13 - Mon 17 1st Test - England v Pakistan
Thu 20 - Sun 23 Northamptonshire v Pakistanis
Thu 27 - Mon 31 2nd Test - England v Pakistan

August 2006
Fri 4 - Tue 8 3rd Test - England v Pakistan
Sat 12 - Sun 13 Pakistanis v West Indies A
Thu 17 - Mon 21 4th Test - England v Pakistan
Mon 28 Only Twenty20 International - England v Pakistan
Wed 30 Floodlit Match 1st ODI - England v Pakistan

September 2006
Sat 2 2nd ODI - England v Pakistan
Tue 5 Floodlit Match 3rd ODI - England v Pakistan
Fri 8 Floodlit Match 4th ODI - England v Pakistan
Sun 10 5th ODI - England v Pakistan

Craig

World Traveller
First time I have seen a match being listed as 'Floodlit', usually they are called day-nighters?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think it'll be a cracking Test series, my early prediction, with no thoguht, scope or any form of foresight is 2-1 to England

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
First time I have seen a match being listed as 'Floodlit', usually they are called day-nighters?
Absolute nonsense to have day/night games in September. Win the toss, bat first and win the game by a country mile unless you bowl like idiots.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
wpdavid said:
Absolute nonsense to have day/night games in September. Win the toss, bat first and win the game by a country mile unless you bowl like idiots.
If we lose the toss and Kabir Ali plays his natural game we're bugegred :wacko:

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Any chance of anyone listing the venues? Just in case Kabir Ali asks for directions......Ill send the ******* the wrong way

Fusion

Global Moderator
Can't wait for the series! England are very good in their backyard and I'm sure will be looking for revenge. But assuming Pak have a healthy Shoaib, and Asif to compliment him, I give the edge to Pakistan. Early prediction for me is Pak 2-1 over Eng.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
It all depends on the team. If everybody is ready I reckon a 2-1 win for our boys and the ODI's to go 3-2 either way

adharcric

International Coach
The English idiots better get themselves fit soon or they'll ruin another potentially great series. Oh, that other idiot too, Shoaib Akhtar.

Just imagine ... Flintoff, Jones, Harmison, Hoggard, Akhtar, Asif, Rana, Gul on seaming tracks ... :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Once England are full-strenght especially in the pace bowling department i'll back them to win the series but if not the series will be too close to call IMO.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If England have all their pace bowlers fit they will win comfortably, i dont think many of the Pakistan batsmen will be able to deal with an English pace atack in English conditions.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Pothas said:
If England have all their pace bowlers fit they will win comfortably, i dont think many of the Pakistan batsmen will be able to deal with an English pace atack in English conditions.
And English batsmen will have no problems facing Pakistani bowlers? They struggled against Shoaib on what where flat tracks in Pakistan. I can only think it is going to be more difficult for them this time considering pitches will offer some help to bowlers, and Shoaib will have support from Asif as well.

adharcric

International Coach
It should become a sticky soon. The India-West Indies thread took forever because it was too early perhaps, but James himself started this one ...