• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the first week of May

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

andyc 9,000 posts
Barney Rubble 4,000 posts
honestbharani 4,000 posts
Swervy 5,000 posts
Benchmark00 4,000 posts

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Matt79 for this click here Very thoughtful quality stuff, well done

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is: superkingdave for this click here Created some lively debate, and I learned some new things, which is always good.

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is:superkingdave. Two awards well done, although as an Aussie I resent the implications of this post:@ click here :laugh: Dave did not ‘quote’ the post he was responding to, so you should read this one first click here Special mention to Son Of Coco for this click here :laugh:

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Jono, not bad for a Richmond supporter, a big effort to post on many threads this week.

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: straw man click here Well just not the kiss of death, but the French kiss of death :cool:

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: silentstriker for this click here Okay are you happy now?

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: a massive zebra, here is some of his work click here

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week. Tbh there was just too much competition this week, and we could not separate a number of members. And no we will not mention who they were. :ph34r:

9. Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Pasag, We have our eye on you Mr pasag :unsure:

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: no award this week

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congrats to all those with awards. In terms of milestones, I know LE brought up 16k this week.

archie mac

International Coach
alternative said:
Congrats all guyz...

Archie Mac put in your tips for AFL
Oops I forgot I joined the one on here :-O

My tips for this week were:

Demons
Crows
Swans
Pies
Kangas
Dockers
Saints
Bombers:laugh:

They were: Cats, Crows, Eagles, Swans, Kangas, Saits, Pies, Tigers:)

archie mac

International Coach
andyc said:
Congrats to all those with awards. In terms of milestones, I know LE brought up 16k this week.
Will post the Lucky one next week, thanks for letting me know :)

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
You're not so far from 3K Archie
Well done all award winners/milestone acheivers this week especilly silentstriker :ph34r: :p

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Well done to all. Very deserving winners.

Some good stuff but generally, was it just me who thought it was a quiet week?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Thanks - my first CW award! I'd like to thank the judges, the refs, the kids who change the shoe studs, the guy who tidies the lockers, the...

oh wait, the Afridi award - I'll be brief and just say thanks then! :)

pasag

RTDAS
9. Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Pasag, We have our eye on you Mr pasag
Is this a good thing? Oh well, Ill take any award that comes my way. :happy:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Goughy said:
Well done to all. Very deserving winners.

Some good stuff but generally, was it just me who thought it was a quiet week?
I was resting between dwarves.