• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Kenya

James

Cricket Web Owner
July 2006

Wed 19 1st ODI - Kenya v Bangladesh

Fri 21 2nd ODI - Kenya v Bangladesh

Sun 23 3rd ODI - Kenya v Bangladesh

Autobahn

State 12th Man
James said:
July 2006

Wed 19 1st ODI - Kenya v Bangladesh

Fri 21 2nd ODI - Kenya v Bangladesh

Sun 23 3rd ODI - Kenya v Bangladesh
Shouldn't the Zimbabwe leg of the tour be included since it's all part of the same safari?

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Wouldn't mind Kenya winning one, so long as Bangladesh stuck up 250+.

Wait and see how Saqibul Hasan goes for Bangladesh, he's a real future talent. Farhad Reza, a decent OD utility player, is also in the squad.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh will sweep the series. They will thrash Kenya like a minnow. BD are a much improved team and Kenya are worse then they were two years ago.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Bangladesh will sweep the series. They will thrash Kenya like a minnow. BD are a much improved team and Kenya are worse then they were two years ago.
Agreed

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
I think Kenya will put up a much better fight than they did against Bangladesh away. They will be playing at home, and have much more training under their belts than earlier in the year.
Winning at least one match should not be considered out of the question.

Jungle Jumbo

Bangladesh Squad: Habibul Bashar (c), Mohammad Ashraful, Shahriar Nafees, Rajin Saleh, Javed Omar, Aftab Ahmed, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Khaled Mashud (wk), Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafe Mortaza, Syed Rasel, Shahadat Hossain, Farhad Reza, Saqibul Hasan, Alok Kapali.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Bangladesh should dominate this series, hopefully Ashraful and Rajin Saleh have few good knocks there.. It should be a clean sweep..

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Kenya have announced a 27 man preliminary squad.
All in all preparations do not seem to be going as smoothly as they should.
Kennedy Obuya has been left out, and Tikolo is playing professionally in England, though one would expect him back for the matches.

Preliminary squad (there is some discrepancy on this (I have included all named by various press sources so far):

Steve Tikolo, Thomas Odoyo, Tony Suji, Hitesh Modi, Collins Obuya, Peter Ongondo, Tanmay Mishra, Jimmy Kamande, Josephat Ababu, Brijal Patel, Nehemiah Odhiambo, Alfred Luseno, Malhar Patel, Rajesh Bhudia, Ashish Karia, Alex Obanda, Jadhavji Laxman, Hiren Varaiya, Timothy Muange, Jadhavji Jeshani, Darhit Shah, Rashmi Gami, Stewart Kayne, Maurice Ouma, Amit Bhudia, Ragheb Aga, Ali Sheikh, Elijah Otieno, David Obuya.

Players in Bold are those I think will be in the final 15 man squad. Players in Italics are those I think should be in the final squad. There are 14 of the latter, I would include Kennedy Obuya.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Chemosit said:
There are 14 of the latter, I would include Kennedy Obuya.
That's the one who's also known as Kennedy Otieno? I think that's his choice, actually. I read on Cricinfo a couple of months ago that Otieno retired after he wasn't selected for the Intercontinental Cup game v Netherlands.

Last edited:

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Yep same player.
Always difficult to really know who the main protagonist is in disputes like this - he made some fairly harsh comments about the selectors back then, so this could be a response to that.
My view is that he needs to get over the fact he was left out, and the selectors need to get over his response.
As is stands, Kenya's top order looks very weak without him there, and I'd say we are realistically a good couple of years away from a replacement.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Good chance for ashraful to get some big scores up, struggled intensely against the aussies and was actually dropped. There is a lot of expectation on this fella's shoulders, a few 50+s should help him out.... Maybe he could do something with the ball aswell?

adharcric

International Coach
Jungle Jumbo said:
Bangladesh Squad: Habibul Bashar (c), Mohammad Ashraful, Shahriar Nafees, Rajin Saleh, Javed Omar, Aftab Ahmed, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Khaled Mashud (wk), Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafe Mortaza, Syed Rasel, Shahadat Hossain, Farhad Reza, Saqibul Hasan, Alok Kapali.
Just about the perfect squad for Bangaldesh. Only guy I'm not sure about is Farhad Reza, but he's one for the future I suppose.

Jungle Jumbo

adharcric said:
Just about the perfect squad for Bangaldesh. Only guy I'm not sure about is Farhad Reza, but he's one for the future I suppose.
Forced his way into squad by sheer weight of runs in OD cricket and fact that he is one of few all-rounders who bowl medium pace, allowing another spinner to be played.

Jungle Jumbo

Possible Bangladesh XI:

1 Shahriar Nafees
2 Javed Omar or Rajin Saleh
3 Aftab Ahmed
4 Mohammad Ashraful
5 Habibul Bashar (c)
6 Khaled Mashud (wk)
7 Saqibul Hasan
8 Mohammad Rafique
9 Mashrafe Mortaza
10 Shahadat Hossain
11 Syed Rasel

I would personally prefer to see Habibul at number three, but I can't see that happening. There is also a distinct possibility that Farhad could start in the place of one of the seamers, with him and Aftab sharing around the fifth bowler's role. Alok Kapali could also play instead of Saqibul.