• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Sri Lanka

James

Cricket Web Owner
July 2006
Sat 22 - Mon 24 TBC v South Africans
Thu 27 - Mon 31 1st Test - Sri Lanka v South Africa

August 2006
Fri 4 - Tue 8 2nd Test - Sri Lanka v South Africa

Craig

World Traveller
Two Tests? That it? Is there any point to this series?

Anyway 1-1.

Murali to pick up about 15-20 wickets.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SL should win the First test easily against a depleted SA without Pollock/Kallis .

So I therefore predict 1-0 to SL . SL batsmen to find some form finally at home , I suspect.

Kapugedera, Vandort, Tharanga to the fore !!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa just named their squad:

*Graeme Smith
Ashwell Prince
Hashim Amla
Nicky Boje
+Mark Boucher
AB de Villiers
Boeta Dippenaar
Herschelle Gibbs
Andrew Hall
Andre Nel
Makhaya Ntini
Shaun Pollock
Dale Steyn
Thandi Tshabalala

Looking forward to see how Tshabalala, apparently his a pretty good spinner, but i doubt South Africa will play two spinners.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well done Mr Tshabalala for his inclusion into the national team. Nicely deserved tbh. Good to see that an offspin bowler will be playing a part in this series as well :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Well done Mr Tshabalala for his inclusion into the national team. Nicely deserved tbh. Good to see that an offspin bowler will be playing a part in this series as well :D
Still not got over your personal little campaign against Murali , I see .:)

Get over it !!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I still maintain the thought that South Africa will not lose a test series (until 2008), so South Africa to win 1-0. Gibbs to score a bucket load.

Lostman

State Captain
looks like galle wont be a venue for the series, i was hoping Muralis playground will be back in business. Last time he played South Africa there he got 13 wickets, he got all 11 batsmen out combined from both innings, Jayasuriya smashed a hundred (96 not out at the end of the 1st seesion, i think ) and Sl won by an innings.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Looking forward to see how Tshabalala, apparently his a pretty good spinner, but i doubt South Africa will play two spinners.
I love Tshabalala. He is young and rips the ball. He is the only finger spinner I can think of in SA that actually turns the ball.

I doubt he will play as he made his name in Pro20 cricket and is not developed enough for Tests but the tour should be great in aiding the mentioned required development.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sl should be really buoyed by their performances in two of the three tests in England, and all the ODIs, and I think these could be good test matches. Anyone know if they'll be screened in England at all?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Sl should be really buoyed by their performances in two of the three tests in England, and all the ODIs, and I think these could be good test matches. Anyone know if they'll be screened in England at all?
It’s not going to be on Sky Sports but one of the Asian networks could have it.

Langeveldt

Soutie
JASON said:
Still not got over your personal little campaign against Murali , I see .:)

Get over it !!
how about, no.

SL to win 1-0 - Murali to take shedloads, Kallis to score the only hundred of the series

JBH001

International Regular
Is Kallis coming?
I thought he was injured?

This will be an interesting test for SL as there will be a degree more expectation regarding them after their excellent performance in England.
It will be a good question to see if they can back it up, and a good test for Moody too as coach, if he is able to continue the good work he has done.

Still home grounds and Murali should see a 1 - 0 to SL.
The ODI's however! A tri series with India and SA will be a real test for SL to see if they can really foot it in the WI. IMO it is too difficult to call at the moment.

(It should be a good tightly fought series though)

Also what is the status on Marvan? Is his back OK or will Mahela continue with the captaincy? I kind of hope he does - he has shown a hard streak missing in Marvan.