• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards 4-11 of June

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Langelveldt 17,000 posts
Scaly piscine 6,000 posts
Sanz 5,000 posts
Pedro Delgado 2,000 posts
Howardj 2,000 posts
oz_fan 1,000 posts
silentstriker 1,000 posts

Some great threads started in this last week, made the Warney a hard one to choose.

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: fusion for this click here Here, here, or is it hear, hear?

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. Nominated by Pasag. And the Winner is Craig for this click here A little controversial, but the arguments were well made by both sides, with people respecting each others views (well mostly)

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: luckyeddie, for this click here a trip, and refreshed and back

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Jono, can be a little aggressive with his comments, but contributes too many threads, well done Jono

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: no award this week, could not find a really bad prediction?

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: nikhil1772 click here Is this what they call a tautology?

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: adharcric, some of his work: click here

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Again no winner this week, I almost awarded a winner this week, but alas decided no

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: jot1, contributing more often, and starting to make a real contribution. Plus a boermeisie (hope of have used this right?)

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: Pedro Delgado, click here Well done, captured the spirit of the day admirably

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management:)

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
hahahah pasag :lol:

anyway congrats to all tho.. and look at those milestones.. so many ppl good on ya guyz.. keep it up..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wow - another skull.

Two more and I'll have to start my own Killing Field and change my name to Pol Pot.

Mmmmmmmmmm, Pot.

pasag

RTDAS
JASON said:
Congrats Mate !! Love your avatar of the guy from Napolean Dynamite !! (A good movie IMHO) :)
"Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

:laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yay Sobers award. Didn't know I was aggressive though. :p

And LOL @ that quote Passag. Great movie.

Napoleon Dynamite: This is pretty much the worst video ever made.
Kip: Napoleon, like anyone can even know that.

Kip rules :cool:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Will include your milestone next week, I promise :)
Archie , 3 more weeks of CW awards thread I reckon for you before the Big 3' O for you !

How about I race you - me to 5,000 and you to 3,000 ? Bit unfair for me , But I'm up for it , are you ? :mellow: :unsure:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Archie , 3 more weeks of CW awards thread I reckon for you before the Big 3' O for you !

How about I race you - me to 5,000 and you to 3,000 ? Bit unfair for me , But I'm up for it , are you ? :mellow: :unsure:
Okay your on. Another easy win coming up for the Aussies :laugh:

Which side are you supporting in the Soccer WC Jason?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Okay your on. Another easy win coming up for the Aussies :laugh:

Which side are you supporting in the Soccer WC Jason?
First England, Then Holland then may be Australia .....:unsure: or Japan even:laugh: :laugh:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
First England, Then Holland then may be Australia .....:unsure: or Japan even:laugh: :laugh:
England over Australia I can't believe it :@

I have already had a nap today so I can watch the soccer tonight, it is on about 23.30. I have had a huge week of sport, with the Aussies playing the poms in Rugger, the French Open Tennis finals, plus all of the AFL and just a little NRL not too mention the Soccer :wacko:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Japan are the biggest Aid donors to Sri Lanka and those guys are rebuilding the entire City of Galle and most of Southern Sri Lanka. I have to support them .

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Great win by the Wallabies yesterday and that try saving Tackle by your fellow Canberra resident (and your fellow Canberra legend :laugh: ) George Gregan was awesome !!

Exceptional !!

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Great win by the Wallabies yesterday and that try saving Tackle by your fellow Canberra resident (and your fellow Canberra legend :laugh: ) George Gregan was awesome !!

Exceptional !!
Hey no fair, two posts for the price of one!:@

GG was a very good cricket player (batsman) for my club of Weston Creek, although he had hair then:laugh: