• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cronje Plane Sabotaged?

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Who would do such a thing? I mean the guy done some dreadful things in the name of sport but who would go as far to do this?

archie mac

International Coach
UncleTheOne said:
Who would do such a thing? I mean the guy done some dreadful things in the name of sport but who would go as far to do this?

Maybe they were worried what other information he was yet to come forward with. Re-match fixing who was involved:ph34r:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Before I go on, Id like to state I know nothing about aviation.

Having said that, it seems like cutting the compass cables is a pretty weak attempt at assassination. I mean no doubt it is dangerous and would cause problems but it leaves a little too much to chance.

If you are going to go to the effort to tamper with the aircraft I would have thought there are a number of ways to guarantee death rather than just make things more difficult and potentially more dangerous.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
UncleTheOne said:
CIA...

archie mac

International Coach
Goughy said:
Before I go on, Id like to state I know nothing about aviation.

Having said that, it seems like cutting the compass cables is a pretty weak attempt at assassination. I mean no doubt it is dangerous and would cause problems but it leaves a little too much to chance.

If you are going to go to the effort to tamper with the aircraft I would have thought there are a number of ways to guarantee death rather than just make things more difficult and potentially more dangerous.
I imagine the idea was not to be caught and make it look like an accident :ph34r:

pasag

RTDAS
Its probably the easiest way to kill somebody and make it look like an accident if you know what your doing. Very suspicious. Although didn't he get on that flight at the last second? So how is it possible that it was planned?

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
This Mafia is always taken lightly by the people . Did you guys even realized that what exactly happened ? The thing was that Cronje was quite unaware that if he is going to dump the bookie's choice then what would happen to him . He took it lightly and the bookies may have lost millions or even billions and in the revenge first he was made to be disgraced and then ............... Who knows .......... Thats a fact n do not take these mafia guys lightly . I know that because they have their connections from Dubai to Karachi to Mumbai etc and no body can mess wid'em . I know a lot of people who can testify this thing .. Anyways !

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
FRAZ said:
This Mafia is always taken lightly by the people . Did you guys even realized that what exactly happened ? The thing was that Cronje was quite unaware that if he is going to dump the bookie's choice then what would happen to him . He took it lightly and the bookies may have lost millions or even billions and in the revenge first he was made to be disgraced and then ............... Who knows .......... Thats a fact n do not take these mafia guys lightly . I know that because they have their connections from Dubai to Karachi to Mumbai etc and no body can mess wid'em . I know a lot of people who can testify this thing .. Anyways !
8-) Noob.

Langeveldt

Soutie
James said:
Unlikely James, I learnt to fly near George in the Western Cape where Hansie met his match, and have done several approaches to the airport, which is flanked by very steep, high mountains, and can be notauriously difficult during bad weather, of which there is plenty.. While there is a possibility of foul play and they have been right to investigate, George seems to me to be an ideal place for pilot error to have fatal consequences..

However, the security is fairly lax at domestic airports in SA, I'm sure if somebody really wanted to tamper with the plane, they could..

My first flight to George was a bit of a sadistic pilgrimage, well it wasn't a positive experience at all for me, but I'm glad I did it...

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
UncleTheOne said:
My money is on John, the ubiquitous bookmaker!