• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Will Win The Ashes

WHO WILL WIN THE ASHES?

• AUSTRALIA

Votes: 36 75.0%
  • ENGLAND

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • SERIES DRAW

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
pasag said:
5-0 to Australia. Can't see England winning anything tbh.

Oh common we're not that bad, this England team is a very different animal to the one that toured down under before. Even then we won the odd game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
5-0 is ludicrous, this is the best side we have taken in there in ages regardless of injuries, and we've always managed to avoid a whitewash in the past. There's no way whatsoever we'll lose 5-0, we're far too good.

pasag

RTDAS
Not even a single test. Listen, I'm a sad as you that it's going to be an uneven romp, but thats the way it is. 5-0, quite easily for mine.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
pasag said:
Not even a single test. Listen, I'm a sad as you that it's going to be an uneven romp, but thats the way it is. 5-0, quite easily for mine.
No chance, none whatsoever

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Another cassic Ashes series coming up - I'll say an eciting 2-2 draw with England keeping the Ashes....

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
howardj said:
Lovely article.

Enough to whet any cricket fan's appetite.
Yeah Barnesys a great writer, best reason to buy the Times IMO. Even if he does lapse into pretention at times, quoting obscure literature, and speaking in latin.

He pretty much sums up why this is the most exciting pre-Ashes, in living memory. All weaknesses could be strengths.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
ha, pretty much hate Barnes, but that stems from a few years back when he tried to write about sports he knew nothing about and talked rubbish

Duke

Cricket Spectator
Reality

Oh come on people. If Australia play at their best or near their best (which they certainly didn't do in last years' Ashes when half the side went missing), Australia will win the series comfortably. It doesn't matter how well England play. If both teams are at their best, Australia will triumph.

England deserved to win the series in 2005 when they outplayed Australia. It wasn't lucky, but it WAS an anomaly. Australia were very poor in 2005 and thats why they lost.

If McGrath, Warne, Ponting, Hayden and Gilchrist fire, that will be enough. If the whole team fires, it could be embarrassing for Flintoff's men.

I'll say it again. The result of the Ashes hinges on the whether the Australian team plays to its potential.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Duke said:
Australia were very poor in 2005 and thats why they lost.

GRACE<<<<This is grace

LOSING<<<<And this is losing

Try putting them together sometime.

Australia were poor because England didn't allow them to play. Your team looked fine in the ODI'S at the end and in the first test, but when England cranked it up, Australia couldn't live with it.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Duke said:
Oh come on people. If Australia play at their best or near their best (which they certainly didn't do in last years' Ashes when half the side went missing)
Funny how they went missing when faced with a decent attack.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
LOL @ some of the Aussie supporters, again under-rating the performance of England. They are a solid Test-team, and we`ll need to play well to beat them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cheers Nath, good to know not all you criminals are making the same mistakes as 18 months past

Dydl

International Debutant
I think the Aussies will win for a number of reasons. Firstly, they came so close to winning last year in English conditions favouring the English bowlers, and I think Australian conditions will give the Aussies an advantage, which, when combined with all the other advantages the Australians have over the English, will prove too big an advantage and difference for the English to win.

Secondly, the English have some injury concerns, and many changes to the line up, which could affect their team performance. Then again, it might not, though that is unlikely, no team can ever perform the same way as they have done previously.

All of this combined (there are more but I just can't be bothered to type them up now; had some late nights, having an early one tonight...) give me the opinion that the Aussies will convincingly regain the Ashes in Australia.

pasag

RTDAS
5-0 to Australia. Can't see England winning anything tbh.
Oh common we're not that bad, this England team is a very different animal to the one that toured down under before. Even then we won the odd game.
5-0 is ludicrous, this is the best side we have taken in there in ages regardless of injuries, and we've always managed to avoid a whitewash in the past. There's no way whatsoever we'll lose 5-0, we're far too good.
No chance, none whatsoever
LOL @ some of the Aussie supporters, again under-rating the performance of England. They are a solid Test-team, and we`ll need to play well to beat them.
Cheers Nath, good to know not all you criminals are making the same mistakes as 18 months past
I love multi-quote too!

Last time I bring it up, but I've been waiting for this all summer.