• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in South Africa

James

Cricket Web Owner
Eagles v Zimbabweans - Kimberley
13 September

1st ODI - Bloemfontein
15 September

2nd ODI - East London
17 September

3rd ODI - Potchefstroom
20 September

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
You're in a minority of 1 then I guess.
8-)

Odds of Jacques Kallis coming back to bowl?

Oh sorry Marc that's your retort.

Anyways be a good chance for South Africa to give their fringe players a good workout and get Smith (if he is available) and co. some much needed batting practice before the Champions Trophy.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
This series has about as much significance as....why probably Asia vs Africa.

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
You're in a minority of 1 then I guess.
It's more interesting to me than the series SA are preparing for (ie the champions trophy), which we won't win and I couldn't care less about anyway..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:
It's more interesting to me than the series SA are preparing for (ie the champions trophy), which we won't win and I couldn't care less about anyway..

So you would rather destroy Zimbabwe than face teams like Australia?

Langeveldt

Soutie
silentstriker said:
So you would rather destroy Zimbabwe than face teams like Australia?
I'm more interested in seeing if Zimbabwe can make their win against Bangladesh count for anything and at least put in some good performances against the proper sides.. I'd like to see some new blood put in a stake for the WC on South Africa's side..

The ICC CT is pretty superfluous (as indicated by the poll on CW) and I don't think it should exist at all.. Mind you, ask me that when we win the thing :cool: The real battle against the Aussies will occur when we hit them in the World Cup

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Pratyush said:
The series has brought the case of Sean Williams who has to chose between club and country! Zimbabwe helps make cricket the new football at last.
The Northumberland Cricket League isn't even an ECB Premier League... That's baffling and mind-blowing in equal measure.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
The Northumberland Cricket League isn't even an ECB Premier League... That's baffling and mind-blowing in equal measure.
So the ICC will get a their mush on when Australia or England threaten to give their players a rest (shock horror), yet a club in the middle of nowhere can stop a Zimbabwe player playing? The only thing that doesn't baffle me are the punks at the top, yet again they perform as expected

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Zimbabwe need reinforcements to replace the lost talent from long ago. I suggest that they start by recruiting Kennedy Obuya/Otieno from Kenya.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
ClownSymonds said:
Zimbabwe need reinforcements to replace the lost talent from long ago. I suggest that they start by recruiting Kennedy Obuya/Otieno from Kenya.
Yep, he's 34, over the hill, scores his runs at a rate worse than Piet Rinke, and has zilch connection with Zimbabwe...

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Yep, he's 34, over the hill, scores his runs at a rate worse than Piet Rinke, and has zilch connection with Zimbabwe...
AND he brilliantly started Brett Lee's ODI hat-trick by taking a bouncer to the elbow, dropping it onto his stumps, and then writhing in agony on the pitch.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Zimbabwe 103
Eagles 104/1

Zimbabwe crashed from 79/1, to the might of Roger Telemachus, Thandi Tshabalala and Victor Mpitsang. (Shh, I know two of them are among the top 8-10 bowlers in SA.) Then Davey Jacobs and Loots Botsman tucked into their bowling.

Not going to be a very competitive series, one feels.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I see Piet Rinke wasn't selected, probably the easiest decision Zimbabwe have had to make in the near past.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Well watching that game I got to see 2 of the worst spinners bowling in tandom I have ever seen wearing an international shirt.

If it all was not so expected it would be embarassing

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
to be fair leagues like the CLL and the Lancashire League aren't ECB Premier leagues either.