• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket 2007 Announced

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Comes out this November, should be utter ***** and full of bugs like the last one but I will most probably buy it.

JennifARGH

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
http://palgn.com.au/article.php?title=Cricket+07+screenshots+and+information+revealed&id=5299

EA has revealed the first information and screenshots on Cricket 07, which is set for release on the PlayStation 2 and PC in December. One of the newest additions to the game will be the century stick control system, where power is determined by how far the stick is moved; so, a slight tap can nudge the ball for a quick single, or a firm push can send the ball fizzing away to the boundary.

The game will also include a wide variety of new camera angles which should make it feel like you're actually watching the game on the television. There'll be plenty of new modes, including the Ashes campaign as well as Twenty20 cricket. Mark Nicholas and Richie Benaud will also be providing the commentary.

The first screenshots of the game can be found in the Media Panel, and we'll have more information on Cricket 07 as soon as it is revealed.

cricketer_mars

Cricket Spectator
going by the features, there are some great addons to the earlier versions such as the stick. So I am sure this version will be worthful to buy.

Josh

International Regular
I threw '05 in the rubbish. I'm probably expecting to do the same IF I decide to purchase '07.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
From what I've heard, its working fine with PC gamepads. Although many people are complaining that the cover drive sucks, as in it is almost impossible to score runs off of it. We have guys over at Planet Cricket working on stroke files at the moment and are possibly within days of coming with results. Same with rosters (correct names etc).

Nishant

International 12th Man
in my mind, the main question is; which game is better to buy; cricket 2001 ot the new brian lara one?

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Nishant said:
in my mind, the main question is; which game is better to buy; cricket 2001 ot the new brian lara one?
It's a no-brainer imo. One has online play and one doesn't. Even without that I'd still recommend BLIC anyway.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I hope this game has an improvement team management mode where you can edit your players as they improve and get the international squads up to date like in FIFA.

Nishant

International 12th Man
aussie said:
I hope this game has an improvement team management mode where you can edit your players as they improve and get the international squads up to date like in FIFA.

yeh...dats exactly how i want it!

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
As I'm getting a Xbox 360 this Xmas, so I expect somehow if I do get the game to get up to date teams weekly, or something just updates.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Cameron-Moss said:
As I'm getting a Xbox 360 this Xmas, so I expect somehow if I do get the game to get up to date teams weekly, or something just updates.
Well I reckon you'll struggle as EA aren't releasing it on Xbox.

darko21

U19 Debutant
The century stick seems to be a good addition but I still can't see much else improved. Commentary staying the same. Ashes scenarios are okay. However, I have only played one full game (Redback v USA) and lost in the last over after a tail ender smashed 24 off Tait (hmmm...) Thinking I might stick to ICC for now. Nothing great to grab me in.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
I'm enjoying the game, playing on 5 star difficulty and enjoying the challenge. Managed to hit one century so far with my created player. Autoplay produces very unrealistic scores with teams reguarly getting 500 plus but using 250 overs to do it in.

Also, despite saving my profile after playing, the game won't save the updated records of the players that have been used in game. PArticularly frustrating to still see my created players statistics blank despite having played a whole australian domestic season.