• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cemaes Bay FC Story

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First of all, this isn't really strictly about football, and it certainly isn't me going OMG! I scored loads, lolz.

After a casual browse through the free paper that was pushed through our student house's letterbox (for jobs, only Aldi are looking) i noticed that there was a team in the Welsh equivelant of Football League 2(but used to be in the Welsh Prem about 8 years ago) who have managed to:

Play 9, Lose 9, Score 1 and Concede 69, Including a 14-0 loss to Bontnewydd, which is a tiny town/village thing the other side of Caernafon.

Also in their league is in fact the 'University of Wales, Bangor' team just to make things interesting.

Now to the crucial part of the story. Me and a mate deciding to be massively arrogant decided they needed some help.
(For the record, I'm happiest in the Centre of Midfield or anywhere along the back line and my mate thinks of himself as a Striker. Both areas they clearly need some help in.)

And so the search has begun to find contact details. Now this is hard. A visit to the Welsh FA's website comes up with this. But letters are unreliable and who knows if the address is right and this guy may have nothing to do with the club anymore etc and so the search continues.

Turns out i can't find a website for them at all, just to make things interesting. So have emailed this website, which is easily the best to do with Welsh Football. Image of the Email

Google claims there's a phone number for the Club Secretary, but when you click on the link there's no mention of it and i can't post phone numbers anyway.

I might write a letter to that address but for now the search continues for any solid contact details....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You also need to improve your googling skills. Postcodes are a wonderful thing - LL67 0HH gets you to this list, a matching address, and a phone number.

Matteh

Neil Pickup said:
You also need to improve your googling skills. Postcodes are a wonderful thing - LL67 0HH gets you to this list, a matching address, and a phone number.
That takes me to pubs in Cemaes Bay though. :wacko:

Matteh

Follow up email was sent to the organiser of the Cymru Alliance league as suggested. Shall await to see if that yields anything.

Have in fact just found an email on a site called soccerway.com that claims to be the club's email.

Might be making some headway..

Matteh

Hoggy31 said:
Just drive your car into their headquarters, that should draw some attention.
Their headquarters? lol. According to Pickup's googling, it's a pub :p

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I bet they aren't even that bad a side, it's just that they're in a decent league. You two will probably be laughed out of Cemaes Bay.

Matteh

Robertinho said:
I bet they aren't even that bad a side, it's just that they're in a decent league. You two will probably be laughed out of Cemaes Bay.
Last season they got relegated from the Cymru Alliance league. They won 1, drew 2 and lost 35. Conceding waay over 100 goals.

This season it's more of the same, the season is only 8 games in and they've let in 69.

There's obviously people that have moved on or don't want to play and they're suffering badly.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Matteh said:
Last season they got relegated from the Cymru Alliance league. They won 1, drew 2 and lost 35. Conceding waay over 100 goals.

This season it's more of the same, the season is only 8 games in and they've let in 69.

There's obviously people that have moved on or don't want to play and they're suffering badly.
It's still not a bad division, is it? If you take the League of Wales as being roughly approximate to the Conference/Conference North (going off the fact that Accrington signed Gary Roberts off Bangor and he proceeded to rip Conference defences apart), then taking five steps down the English pyramid from Conference North gets you into County Premier Leagues.

Exeter University's First XI play in the Devon County Premier League. They are chasmically better than the average Sunday morning donkey; when they run at you, you have no idea how to defend, etc.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Matteh said:

It's still not a bad division, is it? If you take the League of Wales as being roughly approximate to the Conference/Conference North (going off the fact that Accrington signed Gary Roberts off Bangor and he proceeded to rip Conference defences apart), then taking five steps down the English pyramid from Conference North gets you into County Premier Leagues.

Exeter University's First XI play in the Devon County Premier League. They are chasmically better than the average Sunday morning donkey; when they run at you, you have no idea how to defend, etc.

Matteh

Neil Pickup said:

We ended up playing 5 a side for 45 minutes with 8 people who are in the Bangor football team (same division as Cemaes Bay). Yeah they were good but we more than held our own.
I think the major thing that we'd need to work on is fitness really, we can do 30-45 mins of 5-7 a side alright, but obviously that's only a third/half of a full game timewise and on a smaller pitch.