• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sibanda to play in Australia

Chubb

International Regular
The thing about Vusi is that, although his stats are dreadful (although they are improving at the moment), he always looks good when he is batting. His big problem is concentration, which is something playing Grade in Aus can help him with, and he evidnetly knows that because he says it will "help him grow mentally". He's a talented player and he just might be a success, certainly heading in the right direction.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember the first ball he faced in Test cricket (I think it was the first one) and he played a gorgeous cover drive for four. He only made 18 or so though.

He looked a lot better when he toured the West Indies this year than he did back then. He certainly is an improved cricketer. He's one of those talented cricketers who really never had the coaching to maximize upon that talent. I'm glad that he may now get the opportunity.

Craig

World Traveller
I'm thinking of Sydney or Melbourne, I know it is not in Brisbane because otherwise I would I have known about it.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great move IMO. Moving to play cricket in Australia can only benefit Sibanda, and the Zimbawian team.

I saw his first ball as well Camps, and it was indeed a glorious cover drive for 4. Hopefully he can make full use of the wider range of coaching facilities, and experience here in Australia.