• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PCB will not pay compensation

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Quite clearly the PCB owe the ECB money for the forfeit of the Test.
What ever the other aspects of this situation, the result of the game was a forfeit by Pakistan and they are responsible for their actions.

If the ICC were to take a hard line they should mention and remind the PCB of the potentially severe match-fixing ramifications of the actions taken.

In a game England could not win, Pakistan forfeited and the bookmakers paid out on an England victory. Pakistan determined a result that was not possible that had a big affect on people betting on the game.

I am not suggesting that anyone was paid or cajoled in to forfeiting the game for financial reasons but that does not change the fact that an improbable result was achieved through the actions of the Pakistani team.

By forfeiting the game, Pakistan 'fixed' the result of the game. This should carry financial implications as otherwise a number of dangerous precedents would be set.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PCB owes ECB money. Regardless of your opinion on the matter, the ICC ruled that Inzamam was guilty of bringing the game into disrepute. That means it was illegal and improper for him to walk off and forfeit the game. So yes, the ECB is owed money by PCB.

Now, if Inzamam was cleared, then the PCB would be in the clear. As it is, ECB lost money because of a decision by the PCB that has been ruled improper. If you're going to stand by your convictions, then you have to deal with the consequences.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Here's a suggestion.

ICC email Hair and accept his previous offer to retire.

ICC then fine Hair $500k for his trouble and give it to the ECB.

PCB make up the difference.

Everyone's happy, no?

archie mac

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Here's a suggestion.

ICC email Hair and accept his previous offer to retire.

ICC then fine Hair $500k for his trouble and give it to the ECB.

PCB make up the difference.

Everyone's happy, no?
Why would Mr Hair be happy?

Or are you not regarding him as everyone (human):p

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:

He would be happy because then Mr Hair would sue the ICC for fraud.....earn 500K back and hand it over to Inzi....who will then treat Mr Hair to a happy meal in McDonalds.

FRAZ

International Captain
hmmm What about ICC when they were even told in a polite manner (not officially may be) that this guy is just plain rubbish (as he displayed too ) . I mean some people rant rant and rant about the law and order and bla and bla bla bla and then again when found their favorite guy GUILTY ,still are making that 'ostrich move'. I am left speechless with this lawful comment that "Pakistan fixed the game" may be the gentleman forgot to mention the second part which should be like "by asking Hair to do that great stuff " !

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
FRAZ said:
hmmm What about ICC when they were even told in a polite manner (not officially may be) that this guy is just plain rubbish (as he displayed too ) . I mean some people rant rant and rant about the law and order and bla and bla bla bla and then again when found their favorite guy GUILTY ,still are making that 'ostrich move'. I am left speechless with this lawful comment that "Pakistan fixed the game" may be the gentleman forgot to mention the second part which should be like "by asking Hair to do that great stuff " !
Once again I am totally and utterly confused by what you have posted Fraz

The PCB really do owe money for the debarcle of the test match. The ECB can't expect to foot the bill as a consequence and its pretty poor effort by PCB not to come to help them out.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
archie mac said:

Actually I've commited a sin here and forgotten Doctrove, he ought to share the costs as well if Hair should!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan is clearly responsible for forfeiting the game, Why should England pay for Hair-PCB mess ?

FRAZ

International Captain
These comments are quite sensitive and can be used against the accused . It's not "Pakistan" ,atleast say "Pakistan cricket board" to bring some logic (although not a true one). Musharraf or his regime has nothing to do with the forfeit !

Fusion

Global Moderator
FRAZ said:
These comments are quite sensitive and can be used against the accused . It's not "Pakistan" ,atleast say "Pakistan cricket board" to bring some logic (although not a true one). Musharraf or his regime has nothing to do with the forfeit !

:blink:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FRAZ said:
Fraz vehemently defends Musharraf to the death.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Fraz...do you have a love relationship with Musharraf?

seriously do we have to say England cricket board now..or can we stick to England?
you can call them Pakistan cricket board, we'll keep calling them pakistan...because thats who they represent right?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think its obvious that PCB owes ECB money. Inzamam was found to have brought the game into disrepute, and cost the ECB revenues as a result. If Inzy was innocent then the PCB wouldn't owe anything, but as it is, they do.