• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hong kong 6's

brockley

International Captain
England named its team.
Wonder who will be in the aussie side,they will send an academy side like they did last time.
In last years team there was dane anderson,nathan reardon,liam buchanan,daniel christian,scott meulman and ken skewes.All made their state debuts last year.
Chris simpson would be useful and played for the pm's xl last year and not in the qld side.
Is in november.

brockley

International Captain
Looking at players not selected in state sides for upcoming games this would be my side:
scott meulaman
liam buchanan
dave dawson
ryan harris
nathan hauritz
grant sullivan
coach tim nielson

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
silentstriker said:
What exactly is the Hong Kong 6's?
6 players a side. 5 overs an inning. everybody other than the wicket keeper bowls an over. and i think you have to retire once you get past 31 runs.Then its not too much different from ODI cricket to be honest

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
from the squad's i reckon SA have a good shout.

Squads named so far

Pool 1

West Indies

Sylvester Joseph
Dwayne Smith
Carlton Baugh
Darren Sammy
Esuan Crandon
Narsingh Deonarine
Tonito Willette

India and Australia are in the same group but haven't named as yet

Pool 2

South Africa

Nicky Boje
Johan van der Wath
Albie Morkel
Justin Ontong
Imraan Khan
Lance Klusener
Thami Tsolekile

England

Dominic Cork
Darren Gough
Darren Maddy
Kabir Ali
Glen Chapple
Tim Bresnan
Mal Loye

New Zealand

Danny Morrison
Glen Sulzberger
Craig Spearman
Richard Petrie
Mark Bailey
Stephen Brown
Steve Wilkins

Pool 3

Pakistan

Imran Nazir
Hasan Raza
Naved Latif
Riaz Afridi
Tahir Mughal
Yasir Arafat
Zulqarnain Haider

Hong Kong

Najeeb Amar (C)
Rahul Sharma
Irfan Ahmed
Nadeem Ahmed
Munir Dar
Mark Fuzes
Amjad Mahmood

and SL, who haven't named as yet

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
hmmm...I thought Spearman had moved to England and had qualified for them. Not that it matters for a 6 a side competition.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
New Zealand

Danny Morrison
Glen Sulzberger
Craig Spearman
Richard Petrie
Mark Bailey
Stephen Brown
Steve Wilkins
THE Danny Morrison? :huh: or does he have a son called Danny as well?

Matteh

Goughy said:
THE Danny Morrison? :huh: or does he have a son called Danny as well?
Almost certain he played in the 20/20 challenge thing in WI for 35 years and over former international cricketers earlier in the year.
Interesting point to note: Many famous cricketers found my gf's mum(who was on the medical team) hot. Bodes well for the future. :cool:

Perm

Good to see Craig Spearman back representing New Zealand, even if it is in a small event like this and Danny Morrison is generally involved in these sort of things.