• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Gibbs Reveal More Names*

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wait, if he knew more about match fixing and hasn't been revealing it for all these years...shouldn't that alone be grounds for permanent banishment from the game?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently not, Langevelt and his friends would still like us to believe that Gibbs is innocent. On the other hand Tooextracool would continue to believe that Sunny Gavaskar is the Kingpin of match fixing despite no evidence has been found against him.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sanz said:
Apparently not, Langevelt and his friends would still like us to believe that Gibbs is innocent. On the other hand Tooextracool would continue to believe that Sunny Gavaskar is the Kingpin of match fixing despite no evidence has been found against him.
I'm not singling out the SA players. Azhar was banned for life, and if anyone else knew about it, or actually participated in it, then they should all be banned. The lot of them.

There is no greater sin you can commit in Cricket than this. There is no excuse, and there should be no forgiveness.

The fact that he gave three names, names he apparently had not divulged before, clearly shows he knows or knew more than he told at the time. So he should be severely punished...immediatly. I hope the SA board acts swiftly.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Sanz said:
If he was guilty, then why go now to India? Why not immediately, why not never? I doubt he'd want to throw his career away just to answer the Police so he could play in the CT..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
If he was guilty, then why go now to India? Why not immediately, why not never? I doubt he'd want to throw his career away just to answer the Police so he could play in the CT..
If he was not guilty then why was he banned for 6 months ? He is lucky that he plays for SA, If he were playing for India/Pak he would have been handed a minimum 5 years ban.

And sorry that argument doesn't cut anymore, Gibbs best playing days are over.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:

I didn't say he was guilty of match fixing. He is guilty of knowing more than he let on. That enough for a permanant ban.

Langeveldt

Soutie
silentstriker said:
I didn't say he was guilty of match fixing. He is guilty of knowing more than he let on. That enough for a permanant ban.
If everyone was banned because of "what they know" rather than what they have actually done, I don't think we'd have many cricketers left playing cricket..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:
If everyone was banned because of "what they know" rather than what they have actually done, I don't think we'd have many cricketers left playing cricket..

If they knew of match fixing and did not say anything, then I'd rather have that few cricketers. This issue is way too important to be soft on.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
If he was not guilty then why was he banned for 6 months ? He is lucky that he plays for SA, If he were playing for India/Pak he would have been handed a minimum 5 years ban.

And sorry that argument doesn't cut anymore, Gibbs best playing days are over.
Very true. People still tarnish the India/Pakistan with the match fixing brush but seem to forget that these two countries actually took proper action rather than sweeping the whole thing under the carpet. A lot better than some other cricket authorities...

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
If he was not guilty then why was he banned for 6 months ?
Beacuse we all know people never get convicted unless it's 100% sure they did the crime

8-)

It's not like people have been said to have killed people then after they get death it comes out they didn't.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Retox said:
Beacuse we all know people never get convicted unless it's 100% sure they did the crime
So South Africa convicted him unfairly then, did they? Massive conspiracy against Gibbs, was it?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Retox said:
Exactly, so he must have been involved to get a 6 months ban, NO ?

It's not like people have been said to have killed people then after they get death it comes out they didn't.
Have you been reading the same news reports rest of the world has been reading ?