• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Four

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Now, I've got no intention of running it, but I thought I'd make the thread just so we can see who's going to be involved. I'm definitely up for it.

What sort of structure should we use? I'm thinking - 4 groups with 4 teams each, depending on interest (if there's more teams, I'd rather make there more groups than teams per group, like 6 groups of 3 teams). If there's 16 teams, we can then use the AFL finals system with the top 2 in each group advancing into the finals.

Collins should run it IMO

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Need to get it started before the 5th season teams get knocked out of the proper cup, so the late starters have a chance...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Eh? It's better if it involves everyone, higher quality of opposition. As we did with Part Deux (and I think the last one too, but that was poor), we could have a Plate competition for the bottom 2 placed teams.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I would like to take part again, also i think plate competition don't really work, People usaully forget about them or play 2nd string sides cus they don't care. If you have a group format and each team plays each other twice then that enough games, for even the crap teams like myself.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Each team plays each other twice? I think that'll take too long. Hopefully there's 16 teams so we can do 4 groups x 4 teams, but if not, it'll be just as good.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
So far the teams that are definitely participating - dunno what AussieDominance posted so someone can correct me:

Anchormen (Robertinho)
Jaffna Jets (chaminda_00)
Victoria Panthers (mikeW)
Viveash (ash chaulk)
Magical Ponies (andyc)
Dalmeny Cricket Club (nooga99)

How many weeks left in the WI Cup? Best to wait until everybody can play, IMO.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't really mind if you want to start early without me, but keep nibbs in mind as he's still in the cup and the NZ cup runs longer than WI.