• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the 8th-15th of October

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Mr Mxyzptlk - 24000 Posts
Steds - 11000 posts
Jono - 9000 Posts
Adamc - 5000 Posts
chaminda_00 - 5000 Posts
Siletstriker - 3000 Posts
LongHopCassidy - 2000 Posts
Xuhaib - 2000 Posts
Sir Redman - 1000 Posts

Marc was a big help this week, but did not hear from Aussie Dominance? There must be someone out there who would like to give us some help? :angel_not

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Aussie Dominance (Sobers and Gatting/Rana awards judge)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any nominees for the Sobers or best debate awards please let Justin know at
rusty_492 at hotmail dot com

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Goughy for this click here strictly a day late, but quality stuff, with a lot of thought going into the post. There was also a very good post on the colour quota but the person responsible does not want to be considered for an award.:shy:

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Go_India for this click here , A lot of players thrown up, more batsman then bowlers I noticed. Maybe we should pick an all-time entertainers 11. Or has it already been done?:unsure:

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Burgey for this click here Clever stuff!:laugh: And special mention to andyc for this (although I missed it last week) click here :D

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: PhoenixFire , has been in fine posting form, and often posts with the words; ‘imo’ which should happen more imo

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: aussie click here what can I say, I loved it! I finally caved and visited the ICC CT Forum to get a half decent Greigy :-O

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: silentstriker click here Is this an American saying?:blink:

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: oz_fan, shows some good knowledge of both modern and old cricketers, such as; Albert Trott: ‘what a pity you haven’t got a head instead of a turnip. You’d be the best bowler in the world’.:D

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Perm and finally:happy: we have a winner, and very well deserved after a quality week of posting

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Krishna_i, just started on CW, will be interesting to follow :cool:

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: No award this week

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: Why aren’t SA a better side? click here Goughy and another member had a quality debate, but were both respectful of the other member, good stuff.

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
archie mac said:
3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Burgey for this click here Clever stuff!:laugh: And special mention to andyc for this (although I missed it last week) click here :D
Not an award, but I'll take anything I can get :)

But congrats to all the real winners, and good stuff archie.

Last edited:

Dydl

International Debutant
Turbinator said:
Awww man no award this week! :( I was hoping to keep my streak going.
Hehe, you're disappointed to not get an award this week and end your run, I haven't ever got one award! I'd be ecstatic just to actually receive one, not be disappointed about my run ending (hasn't started...) That's just you though, I'm not accusing you or anything.