• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hands up if you wrote off McGrath

Matt79

Global Moderator
a bit, though I think I was doing so so that I could be pleasantly surprised if he came good, rather than disappointed if he didn't

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not so much "wrote off" as "expressed doubts about his body standing up to". Supremely fit 36-year-old, yadda, yadda....but still 36. If we ever put together a decent innings we'll see. Ponting obviously has no issues with over-bowling him tho.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Always had faith, defended him on here. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if McGrath survives to '09.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
I couldn't believe anyone wrote him off - and take note S Harmison - this is his first FC match since Janruary and no sign of rust. Mind you it does help if the batting is spineless but that ain't his fault...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Poker Boy said:
I couldn't believe anyone wrote him off - and take note S Harmison - this is his first FC match since Janruary and no sign of rust. Mind you it does help if the batting is spineless but that ain't his fault...
Yea, rust or not, how many McGrath deliveries end up at 2nd slip?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, then who and where are the people writing him off?

CW search people. :p

pasag

RTDAS
Hmm

howardj said:
I guess time will be the judge.

I wouldn't be the first person that McGrath has served humble pie to.

I'll take my spoon and dessert plate to the Gabba on Day 1, just in case.
How'd it taste?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Poker Boy said:
McGrath is infinitely better than Harmison though, so it's not really anything the same.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
McGrath is infinitely better than Harmison though, so it's not really anything the same.
Isn't that what he's saying? That McGrath has no rust after 12 months off and Harmison does, so Harmison should "take note"?

tooextracool

International Coach
Umm this thread is just plain stupid. While i dont think Mcgrath is finished, this pitch was about as custom made for him as the one at Lords was last year. To use this performance to say that he isnt finished is being extremely short sighted. Hes the only bowler in the world who can hit a 2 inch crack with any sort of consistency.