• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Spinner ever

Who is the best Spinner ever?

• Shane Warne

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Muttiah Muralitharan

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Other (are you crazy, better than these 2?)

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
Best Spinner of all time - vote aswell.

Shane Warne
or
Muttiah Muralitharan

For me, it's too hard to call, but what about you?

Nishant

International 12th Man
Turbinator said:
I really love these new members, they remind me of myself.

same here! They always have that enthusiasm! Plus, they start thrads we chatted about only a few weeks ago! But, for the sake of the thread, i'd go for Murali!!

Nishant

International 12th Man
silentstriker said:
Murali if his arm was straight, Warne otherwise.

I was just waiting for u to join the thread! Think we had this discussion a few days ago....but anyway, suprised u haven't burst out at everyone for saying Murali! But, u have a point!

But, still, i'll stick with Murali

Langeveldt

Soutie
To be fair, new members shouldn't have to wade through the entire forums history and get some sort of education about how things have been discussed etc in order not to piss us off.

SK Warne

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
To be fair, new members shouldn't have to wade through the entire forums history and get some sort of education about how things have been discussed etc in order not to piss us off.

True, but a certain amount of common sense has to be used. You would surely have to assume that some debate about Warne and Murali has taken place on a cricket forum.

Anyway I go for Murali, his action is in the words of Mr Hair "diabolical", but I don't hold his deformed skeleton against him.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Actually, I think there are a few spinners better than these two, for instance, I rate Laker better than both of these.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Murali outperforms Warne in virtually every measurable category. There is no way an unbiased person could claim that Warne is better than Murali, except if they prefer one over the other. Murali has a better economy rate, a better average, a better strike rate, more wickets per test, more five fors and more ten fors (even while playing less tests). For example, Murali has played like 35 less tests than Warne, yet still has about 20 more five-fors, and 8 more ten-fors.

However, it all boils down to the action, as always.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think I've said it before, but I go for the drug-cheat over the chucker.

TBF though its a legitimate thread, though one that will descend into anarchy soon. Personally I think the murali-warne thread should of remained stickied and locked, if the wish was for it not to recur.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
silentstriker said:
Murali outperforms Warne in virtually every measurable category. There is no way an unbiased person could claim that Warne is better than Murali, except if they prefer one over the other. Murali has a better economy rate, a better average, a better strike rate, more wickets per test, more five fors and more ten fors (even while playing less tests). For example, Murali has played like 35 less tests than Warne, yet still has about 20 more five-fors, and 8 more ten-fors.

However, it all boils down to the action, as always.
SS what do you think about Bhajji and Kumble? :happy: