• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC Tri-Series

James

Cricket Web Owner
Kenya v Scotland - Mombasa
17 Jan

Canada v Scotland - Mombasa
18 Jan

Kenya v Canada - Mombasa
20 Jan

Kenya v Scotland - Mombasa
21 Jan

Canada v Scotland - Mombasa
23 Jan

Kenya v Canada - Mombasa
24 Jan

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
And these are all ODIs as well aren't they? :(
TBH I'd rather these games have full ODI status, just as games between members of FIFA have full international status. Who cares about records outside of Test cricket? Make any games between the top associate sides ODIs, permenantly.

Oh, I see why you're annoyed now. Above rant rendered pointless.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
TBH I'd rather these games have full ODI status, just as games between members of FIFA have full international status. Who cares about records outside of Test cricket? Make any games between the top associate sides ODIs, permenantly.

Oh, I see why you're annoyed now. Above rant rendered pointless.
I agree completely, but as you point out in your last sentance Marc's issue was more to do with his work load that any anti-minnow ODI basis.

You are spot on though, IMO. Test cricket is sacred. That is where the 'golden' records exist and the purity of stats are important.

Below that, for ODI status (and 20/20), lets get the other nations playing and the game growing.

ripper868

International Coach
i understand that darrel hair is going to be standing in some of these games....rememebr reading somewhere that he cant umpire the test accredited nations due to his ban but can umpire in associated nations games.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Bingo. Hair is umpiring in this Tri-series, but will never be able to umpire a match between the test playing nations

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Kenya should indeed win this at home.

Canada I think are not at the same level as the other two and will really feel out of place in the Mombasa conditions given they only arrived a day ago. The 2 Kenyan spinners also feasten on them in Toronto and this should be even more suited to the slow art.

I am perplexed that on a pitch that traditionally favours spin, Scotland have opted for only 1 spinner in the first game. Maybe the recent bad weather has changed the character of the pitch, but I suspect this could be a decision the Scots regret.

for those wanting to follow events as they unfold, cricket Europe should be carrying the live scores.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Erm. Wow. Kenya have just made 328 for five.

Maurice Ouma lbw b Blain 12 (16b, 3x4)
David Obuya c Smith b Lyons 73 (74b, 10x4, 2x6)
Ravinder (sp?) Shah c Watson b Hoffmann 54 (53b, 10x4)
Steve Tikolo c Blain b Wright 10 (6b)
Tanmay Mishra b Hoffmann 66 (60b, 5x4, 1x6)
Collins Obuya not out 64 (62b, 5 or 6x4, 1x6)
Thomas Odoyo not out 46 (26b, 1x6)

Extras 12

Hoffmann 2/45 (10), Blain 1/65 (8), Brown 0/63 (10), Wright 1/55 (9), Lyons 1/73 (10), Watson 0/21 (3). The spinner didn't really help much.

Ongondo has also bowled Warwickshire's youngster Poonia for a duck with the ninth ball of the match. Looks like a rout.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
great effort from Shah first dig back, and great to see PBs from the Obuya brothers and Mishra.

Scotland's reply only going at 2 an over for the first 5. Looking good for Kenya so far...

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Scotland skittled for 138. Even Collins Obuya was given a bowl (got a wicket too).

Massive win to start the year for Kenya :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Poor old Sweaties. If Kenya can make such mincemeat of them one fears for them against a proper ODI country in the WC.

Let's hope it was just a bad day at the office.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Good to see Ravi Shah back among the runs again - he was probably the second best batsman outside of the Test world before he got injured. Tanmay Mishra has been putting in some promising performances of late as well.