• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your team's squad of 15 for the world cup.

pup11

International Coach
My australian 15 players for WC:-
1.Gilchrist (WA) 2.Hayden (QLD)
3.Ponting (TAS)
4.Clarke (NSW)
5.Hussey (WA)
6.Hodge (VIC)
7.Watson (QLD) 8.Bracken(NSW) 9.Lee (NSW) 10.McGrath(NSW)11.Tait (SA)
12.Hogg (WA) 13.White (VIC) 14.Johnson(QLD)15.Clark/hilfenhaus/Voges/Haddin(NSW/TAS/WA/NSW). 15th player should be a batsman IMO.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Not necessarily the side i would pick, but this is the team I think they will take:

1. Fleming
2. Vettori
3. Bond,
4. Vincent
5. McCullum
6. Styris
7. Taylor
8. Fulton
9. Mills
10. Gillespie
11. Patel
12. Franklin
13. McMillan
14. Oram
15. H.Marshall / Mason / Adams (whoever gets picked probably won't play at all)

pup11

International Coach
I was suggesting that the 15th player could be anyone out of those 4 blokes. Though aussies would not( or i might add should not) pick seven quickes, Haddin is the most sensible choice as he can keep in less important games giving gilly some rest and he is also a damn good batsman.

adharcric

International Coach
There is already a forum dedicated specifically to the World Cup. Anyways ...

1. Dravid
2. Tendulkar
3. Ganguly
4. Uthappa
5. Yuvraj
6. Sehwag (subject to form, otherwise Gambhir/Raina)
7. Dhoni
8. Karthik
9. Kumble
10. Harbhajan
11. Zaheer
12. Agarkar
13. Munaf (subject to fitness, otherwise Powar)
14. Sreesanth
15. Pathan (subject to form, otherwise Powar)

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
I was suggesting that the 15th player could be anyone out of those 4 blokes. Though aussies would not( or i might add should not) pick seven quickes, Haddin is the most sensible choice as he can keep in less important games giving gilly some rest and he is also a damn good batsman.
There ya go. There's pup's 15. Thanks mate. I think you're pretty much on the money pup. Clark maybe the unlucky man to miss out.

pup11

International Coach
Who would you open with for india? I would go for the most successfull opening pair in history of odi cricket,Tendulkar-Ganguly. Dhoni should be the floater.

Fiery

Banned
There is already a forum dedicated specifically to the World Cup. Anyways ...

1. Dravid
2. Tendulkar
3. Ganguly
4. Uthappa
5. Yuvraj
6. Sehwag (subject to form, otherwise Gambhir/Raina)
7. Dhoni
8. Karthik
9. Kumble
10. Harbhajan
11. Zaheer
12. Agarkar
13. Munaf (subject to fitness, otherwise Powar)
14. Sreesanth
15. Pathan (subject to form, otherwise Powar)
Another strong line-up. Particular in the top 5 batmen where I think World Cups are won. Is Sehwag really in doubt, "subject to form", though?

adharcric

International Coach
Who would you open with for india? I would go for the most successful opening pair in history of odi cricket,Tendulkar-Ganguly. Dhoni should be the floater.
That's not very relevant. India needs Tendulkar in the middle-order and Uthappa or Gambhir should be good enough at the top.

adharcric

International Coach
Fiery said:
Is Sehwag really in doubt, "subject to form", though?
Are you serious? He's been ridiculously inconsistent throughout his career and dreadful of late.
The only reason he has a chance is his "match-winning ability" and his performance last year in the West Indies.

Fiery

Banned
Are you serious? He's been ridiculously inconsistent throughout his career and dreadful of late.
The only reason he has a chance is his "match-winning ability" and his performance last year in the West Indies.
Yes I'm serious. The dropping of Sehwag for the West Indies series was always a temporary measure

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Hey guys how is sinclair doing at the domestic circuit, i really liked the look of him when he broke into the international arena with a double century, but he never really backed his talent with consistent good performances.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Not necessarily the side i would pick, but this is the team I think they will take:

1. Fleming
2. Vettori
3. Bond,
4. Vincent
5. McCullum
6. Styris
7. Taylor
8. Fulton
9. Mills
10. Gillespie
11. Patel
12. Franklin
13. McMillan
14. Oram
15. H.Marshall / Mason / Adams (whoever gets picked probably won't play at all)
Personally I would take Andre Adams for spot 15 and agree with the other 14 names. However some doubt over Kyle Mills, and I would be surprised if Michael Mason was not to be selected if Mills was ruled out.

Fiery

Banned
Personally I would take Andre Adams for spot 15 and agree with the other 14 names. However some doubt over Kyle Mills, and I would be surprised if Michael Mason was not to be selected if Mills was ruled out.
You mean doubts about Mills fitness or form?

I would love nothing more than for Chris Harris to go but can't see it really

pup11

International Coach
Hasn't harris retired or is he still playing at the domestic level. Though one thing i strongly believe is that chris cairns should have only retired after the world cup.