• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank the Teams in Terms of Excitement

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Time to list the top 8 teams in terms of the entertainment value the deliver. So who is the most exciting and who is the least exciting?

ODIs

1. West Indies (Both West Indies and India have produced close games and exciting finishes recently)
2. India (Same reason as the one outlined for WI)
3. South Africa
4. Sri Lanka (Have been quite exciting to watch recently)
5. Pakistan
6. NewZealand
7. Australia (We always know who's gonna win)
8. England (We always know who's gonna lose)

Tests

1. Australia
2. Pakistan
3. South Africa
4. England
5. India
6. Sri Lanka
7. NewZealand
8. West Indies

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I love the way you ignore England's biggest winning run since 1997 when you do this :p

1. England - you never know what's happening next...

jammay123

State 12th Man
without doubt its the pakistanis theyll either get bowled out for 100 odd ore perform outstandingly. evidence for this is the first 2 odis between s africa and pakistan.they are either crap or brilliant

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
1. England - you never know what's happening next...
You can usually take a pretty good guess...

Part One: All will be well for a season - maybe 2. A good team will appear to be collecting.
Part Two: Injuries will strike on a massive scale, catches will start going down and there'll be a lengthy period of extremely poor results (not since 1988 and 1989 have we sunk to the depths we managed in 2006 when we failed to beat Sri Lanka at home and lost 5-0 in Australia - though we gave it a pretty good shot in 1992\93-1993 and July-December 1996).

FRAZ

International Captain
Well I have no doubt in my mind that

1. England (depending upon who is umpiring) or Number 8
2. Ind (Test)
3. SA (Test)

ODIs
1. Australia
2. Pak
3. SA

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pakistan are the most exciting team to watch, because literally anything could happen. Cbf ranking the rest

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
without doubt its the pakistanis theyll either get bowled out for 100 odd ore perform outstandingly. evidence for this is the first 2 odis between s africa and pakistan.they are either crap or brilliant
That doesn't make for an exciting team tho in my opinion, being involved in lots of one-sided games - pretty boring to watch really.

Blaze

Banned
You will find that the majority of people will find their own team the most exciting to watch, which is fairly simple to understand.

and anyway... excitement comes from an even contest, so it really takes two sides to contribute to create excitement.

A better question would perhaps be - If you could choose two neutral countries to play each other in a series, who would they be?

For me it would be

Tests - Pakistan vs. Australia in Pakistan
ODI's - West Indies vs. Pakistan in WI

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You will find that the majority of people will find their own team the most exciting to watch, which is fairly simple to understand.

and anyway... excitement comes from an even contest, so it really takes two sides to contribute to create excitement.
:thumbsup::thumbs_up:thumbup1::thumbup:

FRAZ

International Captain
For me it would be

Tests - Pakistan vs. Australia in Pakistan
ODI's - West Indies vs. Pakistan in WI
The certain type of Pakistani excitement is now rare . It's back to the normal and disastrous days . As long as we'll have captains who drift the game along ,the frequency of getting exciting compitition will be at it's minimum !

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan and New Zealand in ODI's. Sri Lanka and Bangladesh when they fire.
India and Australia in tests.

deeps

International 12th Man
Time to list the top 8 teams in terms of the entertainment value the deliver. So who is the most exciting and who is the least exciting?

ODIs

1. West Indies (Both West Indies and India have produced close games and exciting finishes recently)
2. India (Same reason as the one outlined for WI)
3. South Africa
4. Sri Lanka (Have been quite exciting to watch recently)
5. Pakistan
6. NewZealand
7. Australia (We always know who's gonna win)
8. England (We always know who's gonna lose)
I don't see how you could rate India and Sri Lanka as more exciting teams to watch than Pakistan. Even the windies. South Africa have a case.

For me, Pakistan are head and shoulders above the rest in terms of excitement.

You have Afridi and Razzaq, which is always great excitement.. Imran Nazir is another. THen you have the class and elegance of Yousuf and Inzi, and Shoaib Malik is gd to watch too, as he's capable of anything.

Bowling is also exciting, with Shoaib Akhtar and Afridi... Asif is exciting if you're a purist. Rana and Sami are exciting if you like watching boundaries fly to all parts of the ground.

The fact that the team are capable of beating anyone at any time, as well as losing to anyone at anytime, means they are highly unpredictable, and there's always something interesting happening.

On their day, they could beat Australia at it's best. That's saying something.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Never mind session-by-session, it's over-by-over if Flintoff and Harmison happen to be bowling in-tandem...

adharcric

International Coach
Watching Australia is always worth it. Pakistan in ODIs and India in Tests. England's bowling attack can be great to watch at times but the batting lineup is quite boring bar Pietersen, IMO.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think that suits Pakistan more :p...
The one thing we do know about Pakistan is no matter what they do, the ICC will let them off lightly.

Dance on the pitch?
Refuse to play?
Attack a fan?

Can't put the drugs in there since that wasn't the ICC's fault.